Recent developments ....
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Recent developments ....

Recent developments ....

You know, when I first signed up to this madness, there were very few ways of extracting more power from the humble TW

You could play with jets, maybe chuck a few extra washers in there — but I always figured that messing with the carb was more of a hobby than an ambition that got you anywhere. Then we get to drilling holes in the air box — at altitude, maybe, but a waste of time at other elevations

Then we started with “power exhausts” — noise equals speed — good luck with that one

And all for, not more horse power — but the “perception” of it

The truth “used” to be, that the only way to get these mules to go any faster, (other than a carrot), was to up the ante to 225cc

Now, in the space of a couple of months, we have Cornelius and his carb, and Tombauer with his CDI’s, both of which actually “do” something

Gentlemen, I applaud the pair of you — who in the spirit of “experimentation”, have not only provided a viable alternative, but a cheaper, and more effective version of the original

Well done to both of you …….
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

All I had to do was put a set of Wal-Mart flame decals on the gas tank. They gave me at least 5 M.H.P mid-range and 8 M.H.P. on the top end.

Losing 15 lbs. really helped my uphill performance, really, no kidding.
    boumboQC, Xracer, admiral and 6 others like this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Don’t forget higher compression pistons, larger valves, different cam profiles, and nitrous oxide have all been successfully played with, plus a few cases of forced induction.
    Ken, Howsbentley, Purple and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    You know, when I first signed up to this madness, there were very few ways of extracting more power from the humble TW

You could play with jets, maybe chuck a few extra washers in there — but I always figured that messing with the carb was more of a hobby than an ambition that got you anywhere. Then we get to drilling holes in the air box — at altitude, maybe, but a waste of time at other elevations

Then we started with “power exhausts” — noise equals speed — good luck with that one

And all for, not more horse power — but the “perception” of it

The truth “used” to be, that the only way to get these mules to go any faster, (other than a carrot), was to up the ante to 225cc

Now, in the space of a couple of months, we have Cornelius and his carb, and Tombauer with his CDI’s, both of which actually “do” something

Gentlemen, I applaud the pair of you — who in the spirit of “experimentation”, have not only provided a viable alternative, but a cheaper, and more effective version of the original

Well done to both of you …….
    Well said that man, and seconded
    Ken and Rhodetrip like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post

I know...I tried it too. I don't think it worked despite what littletommy says about the improvement. gyro.gif
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    All I had to do was put a set of Wal-Mart flame decals on the gas tank. They gave me at least 5 M.H.P mid-range and 8 M.H.P. on the top end.
    What is MHP? Mind horse power?
    Fred, Howsbentley and anewway like this.

Ken
    I have thought of bypassing the CDI and run a straight coil and see how the TW runs. I did this on my boat and it runs great. The option I had was a coil conversion for $100. on the boat or $800. for a new CDI box. If or when I tinker with it I'll post it.

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    Losing 15 lbs. really helped my uphill performance, really, no kidding.
    I believe it. No parts costs for this modification. But can be a helluva lot of labor.

Ya have to use a 45 degree, not a 90... haha

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I know...I tried it too. I don't think it worked despite what littletommy says about the improvement. gyro.gif
    Dryden-Tdub, admiral, Ken and 6 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links