Cost of tire change
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Cost of tire change

Cost of tire change

I've always change the oil in my own vehicles. I probably always will. Certain things I'll pay for even though I can do myself.

One of those things is paying someone to change a tire.

How much do you pay to have a new tire put on your rim?

My shop charges me 20 to 25 dollars.
    Always pay cash.Always bring coffee.

Always give at least $10 extra because of the work I didn't have to do on my free time
    Ken, Lyterx, jtomelliott49 and 4 others like this.
    87 TW

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    I've always change the oil in my own vehicles. I probably always will. Certain things I'll pay for even though I can do myself.

One of those things is paying someone to change a tire.

How much do you pay to have a new tire put on your rim?

My shop charges me 20 to 25 dollars.
    Always pay cash.Always bring coffee.

Always give at least $10 extra because of the work I didn't have to do on my free time
    You're getting a good deal. The best I can find in town is $40 for either front or rear. I don't have to bring coffee and I don't tip so maybe we're paying a similar amount when all's said and done.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

I pay in blood. The front Shinko 241 was easy. I expected the rear to be much more difficult but it easily broke down with two large C clamps. Everything was going well until I almost had it back on when one of the tire irons slipped and blasted me in the upper lip. It was a perfect shot because it caught me right above my lip and didn't bologna it. It also missed breaking my nose. It didn't blow all the way through so the outside damage was very little and didn't even break the skin all the way open but inside it made a deep hole and the lump has almost gone away 2.5 months later. For me it was more about hauling it 35 miles and leaving it vs $25. I'll do it again and that wont happen.

I have never been seriously hurt in 55 years of riding but it's as they say "Gas or Azz No one rides for free".

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Years ago, I hated changing tires but did it to save money. Now I actually enjoy it. Part of the fun of owning a bike for me is doing all the work myself.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingarm View Post
    I pay in blood. The front Shinko 241 was easy. I expected the rear to be much more difficult but it easily broke down with two large C clamps. Everything was going well until I almost had it back on when one of the tire irons slipped and blasted me in the upper lip. It was a perfect shot because it caught me right above my lip and didn't bologna it. It also missed breaking my nose. It didn't blow all the way through so the outside damage was very little and didn't even break the skin all the way open but inside it made a deep hole and the lump has almost gone away 2.5 months later. For me it was more about hauling it 35 miles and leaving it vs $25. I'll do it again and that wont happen.

I have never been seriously hurt in 55 years of riding but it's as they say "Gas or Azz No one rides for free".
    I used c-clamps too until I bought the harbor freight bead breaker.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

I've got an independent motorcycle shop nearby that will spin them on for $20.00, which is well worth it to me!

Those are good deals for $20 to $40.
    Real dealers (Honda & Yamaha) by me charge around $50.00 so I've been doing it myself the last few years. That's if you buy a tire and bring it to them.
    If you buy a tire from them they will install for free but the mark-up makes it a complete wash.
    Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
    You're getting a good deal. The best I can find in town is $40 for either front or rear. I don't have to bring coffee and I don't tip so maybe we're paying a similar amount when all's said and done.
    I don't have to bring coffees or an extra 10.The place I go to is a local business. He isnt getting rich fixing dirty quads and selling bike accessories. I need a shop that I can order over the phone with no deposit. Let's me use the sand blaster when I need it. Or will change a tire without making me wait 3 hours. I even like going into a place that remembers my name in a good context. Ive found that people won't be cheap with you if you aren't cheap with them.
    87 TW

Normally you will need tools when working on motorcycles. I would rather spend the money on new tool then spend it having someone do the job. I love tools.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

My shop charges $40 for mount and balance. I bring the wheel in by itself. I'm just not into bleeding knuckles anymore for such a pittance, and I can't spin balance by myself. You got a good deal!
    grewen and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links