mpg/top speed
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mpg/top speed

Hi first time on this site, first time on tdub

I have a 1996 tw200h with standard gearing, standard exhaust system, standard "knobbly tyres" (on/off road) i am wondering if anybody knows what the range is for mpg from full tank until it hits reserve and also how far i can get on reserve until it stops ? or what i should be getting ?

I have upjetted carb with #42 piolet jet,#116 main and shimmed needle up, (i also have #118 main if i have lean running issues)

The bike pulls cleanly up too full throttle with no issues to approx 63mph, i don't know if this about right speed ?

The other probable concern might be what it is hauling ! my weight , 91 kilos or 14.56 stones

Yep i know i need to get that down, its not good for bike or health either way you look at it

any comments kindly received A rough mpg check from full too reserve switch over is about (92 miles)

Welcome to the semi-world famous T-dub site (o;..

Mine hits reserve at 1.2 gals. That leaves .6 gals.

So if I did the math right you are getting just under 64 mpg.. That should give you about 32 miles on reserve.. For a total of 100 per tank.. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I get 90+ mpg at almost every fill up.. Mine is stock except I have a road style front tire and the 14/47 gear combo....

I've had mine up to 72.6 on GPS.. "78" on speedo.

What the heck is a "STONE"?????????????????

OMM. P.S. You guys got anything special goin' on over there??

When I divide 92 miles by 1.2 gal I get 77 mpg; half of 92 miles is 46 miles on reserve for a total of 138 miles per tank. Does 1.2 gal from fill up to switch over to reserve seem typical?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yes I did my math W-R-O-N-G My wife and I go about the same 1.2 gal. before reserve.. So I think that's average for our 06 dubs... OMM.

Omm for me to get 90 mpg on the tdub it would have to be in the back of my truck!

I get around 55 mpg doing a close 50/50, but it doesn't vary much even when most is on road. Is there a trick I'm missing somewhere or is the newer carb really that much better on gas?

Back to topic, With a fresh cleaned carb I can hold 66mph on flat ground. I would always go with the conservative estimates on gas. At fillup I check the milleage and say 60 miles til reserve (before my bigger clarke tank). Then I try real hard not to hit reserve. And if you didn't catch Omm mention gps, our speedometers are innacurate between 50-65 mph. I find for mine it is exactly accurate up until 54 mph and accurate after 65 mph.

As for weight I weigh 200 lbs, pulls me just fine. There are bigger guys than us on these things with no problem.
    Tenaciously Deviant Unwittingly Brilliant

I go 215 and my wife goes 130.. We ride side/side a lot of times and always check our mpg.... It's never below 80 and most of the time it's in the low 90 range. Our bikes are getting much better mileage now that we have more miles on them... New they would get low/mid 70's.... With 9,000 miles they have been great... My last fill up was 93... Hard to beat that.. OMM.

Somewhere betwixt 55 and 65 MPG............dont buzz above 65 on the Highway, the road I ride is scarified (neverending road project)
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

WARNING!!!

Your MPG at highway speeds is much less than MPG on side streets and off road!!

I get between 65 and 70 MPG riding around town and on trails. All under 55 MPH.

The few times I've gone a long distance on the highway running 60+ I'd hit reserve at 60 or 70 miles.

And then there is the oil loss at those RPMs. With only one quart to start with, you need to check its level after every extended high speed run.

Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

sound advice , will keep an eye on that oil level, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by omm View Post
    I go 215 and my wife goes 130.. We ride side/side a lot of times and always check our mpg.... It's never below 80 and most of the time it's in the low 90 range. Our bikes are getting much better mileage now that we have more miles on them... New they would get low/mid 70's.... With 9,000 miles they have been great... My last fill up was 93... Hard to beat that.. OMM.

thats interesting because this bike only has 1932 miles on from new !!!! yep 1996 model imported into uk in 1999 new ? so mpg might improve , not that i am complaining, 90 + mpg general riding is ok i just wanted too know if this was about normal figure, thanks for the info, cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links