The last days of good riding weather...Indiana Summer?
Close

Like Tree45Likes
  • 10 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 3 Post By phelonius
  • 4 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 2 Post By Eatmore Mudd
  • 4 Post By Peterb
  • 4 Post By Howsbentley
  • 4 Post By admiral
  • 5 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 3 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 6 Post By grewen

Thread: The last days of good riding weather...Indiana Summer?

The last days of good riding weather...Indiana Summer?

Really no Indian Summer ... yet! Yea I know, I live in far western Ohio, but Indiana Summer{just 10 miles away or Indian Summer?} Damn flying fingers...

Here is it October 22nd and we have yet to have a frost in Western Ohio...perhaps Wednesday, but "normal" October weather is forecast to make an appearance beginning tomorrow...but with the good weather and my "retirement" from High School Officiating/Umpire work:

{you can read all about that here:} [B]Much of the posting on that subject dates from October 3rd forward until today[B]

___prh...a day in the life....

I have had plenty of time to push the TW over 7000 total miles{finally} and get in some decent weather riding....Friday I put 130+ miles on and rode solo from Celina around the south part of Grand Lake over to Indian Lake, around there and back to the north side of Grand Lake....and home:

DSC01597 (1).JPGDSC01588 (1).jpgDSC01581 (1).JPGDSC01576 (1).JPGDSC01594.JPG
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 10-22-2017 at 12:35 PM.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

I have noticed that Indiana has a plethora of covered bridges. Any particular reason, like maybe the same guy designed them all?
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    I have noticed that Indiana has a plethora of covered bridges. Any particular reason, like maybe the same guy designed them all?
    Montezuma and I found about 30 in the South Central Part of the state and a large # were built by the Kennedy Family ..we still have another bunch to find and photograph, but that will wait till next year:

Covered Bridge Run Indiana 015 (1).JPGCovered Bridge Run Indiana 028.JPGCovered Bridge Run Indiana 038.JPGCovered Bridge Run Indiana 086.JPGCovered Bridge Run Indiana 079.JPG
    Elvesus, Bobo413, grewen and 1 others like this.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    Originally it was so horses wouldn't spook and refuse to cross. It also keeps the bridge surface clear in winter.
    Bobo413 and littletommy like this.
    '87, '90, 90 & '91 XT350's. It's a family thing, wife says its an enabling thing. Saving up for a TW of my own.
    Looking for anything Yamaha XT or related. especially a brake caliper and master cylinder.

Even up here we have had amazing weather. 20C 68F today and riding the TW.
    Bobo413, Ken, Hoot Gibson and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    Really no Indian Summer ... yet! Yea I know, I live in far western Ohio, but Indiana Summer{just 10 miles away or Indian Summer?} Damn flying fingers...

Here is it October 22nd and we have yet to have a frost in Western Ohio...perhaps Wednesday, but "normal" October weather is forecast to make an appearance beginning tomorrow...but with the good weather and my "retirement" from High School Officiating/Umpire work:

{you can read all about that here:} [B]Much of the posting on that subject dates from October 3rd forward until today[B]

I have had plenty of time to push the TW over 7000 total miles{finally} and get in some decent weather riding....Friday I put 130+ miles on and rode solo from Celina around the south part of Grand Lake over to Indian Lake, around there and back to the north side of Grand Lake....and home:

Looks like a nice ride, thanks for the great pics. What day trip accessories do you have strapped to your rack?

#GYG
    '13 TW200

A.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post

As Joe Kenda would say, "my, my, my"!

Hoot, you've been rebel rous'in by golly. I'll have to pay attention to your blog to keep up.

I do have to say I hope the OSHAA folks get to eat it!
    Hoot Gibson, Bobo413, Ken and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Howsbentley View Post
    Looks like a nice ride, thanks for the great pics. What day trip accessories do you have strapped to your rack?

#GYG
    '13 TW200

A.T.
    tool Kit, MSR Bottle of fuel, and a portable pillow for my sore butt if needed...just put it between my backside and seat, and it usually works pretty good...didn't really need it on this trip however...

Hidden Content

The OHSAA Toads get disposed in one of the cases on Friday...should be interesting...the Indiana Ass~ociation is under the gun as well....these bloated self important clowns, sitting in Ivory Towers, while living off the backs of the dues paying stiffs while handing out favors and punishments in their arbitrary manner, need a slap upside the head....
    admiral, Dryden-Tdub and Bobo413 like this.

Hidden Content

we're still waiting on indian summer too ( maybe it's an indian give me) I got to play with 2 of my favorite machines again today. RIMG2063.JPG, but it doesn't matter much as long as I can still go for a ride every day, and I would rather cut grass than move snow
    Last edited by grewen; 10-23-2017 at 08:46 PM.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Sponosred Links