Close

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By gutrons
  • 4 Post By littletommy
  • 2 Post By elime
  • 2 Post By Purple

Thread: Might be the one!!

Might be the one!!

So here it is, an ?89 with 706 miles on it! Hoping to negotiate down from $1,800 but it may be tough, the thing is pristine. Tires look new, only flaw ANYWHERE is that pesky petcock leak. May develop some oil leaks with some miles but I have the money and figure it?s a step up from my current 6k ?87. I remember reading the ?89 had charging issues, anyone have any details?? Any other thoughts? Thanks all!!

The black ?87 is also for sale, needs a starter/battery and spray paint removal. $1,250 if anyone is interested. Both are in Western Colorado
    Badgerflorida and admiral like this.
    Runners:
    87 TW200
    99 TTR90
    01 XR100

Paperweights:
    79 GT80 (2 stroke)
    84 GL1100 Goldwing Aspencade

"Expect problems and eat them for breakfast" - Alfred A Montapert

Good luck with the buy. I wouldn't worry about any charging problems, it's rare. Tires might look new, but they are close to 30 years old and should be replaced. Keep us posted and thanks for the pics.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Get it! Good deal! Keep both bikes. You won't be sorry.
    Last edited by elime; 10-25-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The “Black Widow” is pretty bullet proof, and that one looks to be a good score – they’re increasingly hard to find in that condition

I’ll second LT’s comment about the tires, they may look good, right up to the point where they “start throwing chunks” – at which point, you probably will as well

There’s an easy way to tell the age of a tire - https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/...-of-your-tires

As a general rule, anything over 10 years is pushing it – (fresher is better) – and as they’re the only things keeping your butt off the tarmac, it pays to be cautious ……
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Sponosred Links