My first 2 up ride
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Well my daughter has been wanting to ride the T-dub with me since I got it. She always says, dad when you get another bike you will give me this one right? Anyway after work I decided to go for a ride and surprise her with a visit on the T-dub.

She was sitting outside the front with her mom, and I pulled into the driveway. She said, "I heard a motorcycle coming and I looked up and didn't know it was you at first."

Well as soon as she figured out who it was in the driveway she jumped out of her chair and came running to me.

Anyway ended up taking her for her first ride with me. ( just recently got my M2 so I was not allowed passengers prior to this with my M1)

Let me tell you it was a great feeling seeing her smile after the ride. I had to do a couple one more time laps around the neighborhood. Anyway thought I would share.

Quote Originally Posted by losttourist View Post
    Well my daughter has been wanting to ride the T-dub with me since I got it. She always says, dad when you get another bike you will give me this one right? Anyway after work I decided to go for a ride and surprise her with a visit on the T-dub.

She was sitting outside the front with her mom, and I pulled into the driveway. She said, "I heard a motorcycle coming and I looked up and didn't know it was you at first."

Well as soon as she figured out who it was in the driveway she jumped out of her chair and came running to me.

Anyway ended up taking her for her first ride with me. ( just recently got my M2 so I was not allowed passengers prior to this with my M1)

Let me tell you it was a great feeling seeing her smile after the ride. I had to do a couple one more time laps around the neighborhood. Anyway thought I would share.

I am sure she will never forget this day !!! Thanks for sharing...

Now that was life changing for both of you.... It's always special to give some one his/her first ride.... I know our kids still talk about the first ride with mom & dad... They are 39 / 34.... Have many more years of riding.. I still remember giving our 4 grand kids their first rides.. OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Cute!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Neat.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Yep, that definitely put a smile on her face! That's a great picture of the two of you, I think if I were you I would put it where I could see it often. I think you have a few years before you have to worry about getting another bike.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Great story and picture of you two! I've only had my TW for 3 months... My one and only 2 up ride so far was the polar opposite of yours. I work at an upscale marina in an upscale community. From time to time our members will go out for extended trips, some opt not to leave their vehicles on our property and need rides to and from their homes. One day a member returned to the marina in need of a ride to pick up their car. I explained to them that I had rode my bike to work and I may not be able to accomodate them on that day... Captain John then replied, "I will ride on your bike!" (Captain John is 82 years old!) It was only a short ride through the private community about 3 miles... as we rode I looked in the mirrors and he had smile from ear to ear the whole way home

Be safe & Keep on TW 'ing,

Matt Ward

- 2012 Yamaha TW200 -

Great story of Capt. John. I've been doing short rides with my daughter when I get her. She is a good rider, knows not to do any sudden moves, keep her feet on the pegs, lean into turns etc. The fastest I've taken her was 70 km/hr. She wants to do a country ride with me one day. I plan on taking her on these short rides to get her real comfortable. Also I know kids tend to fall asleep easy so I explained to her that I need to make sure to keep her alert. On our last ride she did say she was riding the last bit with her eyes closed as the sun was in her eyes and it was relaxing her.

Quote Originally Posted by losttourist View Post
    Great story of Capt. John. I've been doing short rides with my daughter when I get her. She is a good rider, knows not to do any sudden moves, keep her feet on the pegs, lean into turns etc. The fastest I've taken her was 70 km/hr. She wants to do a country ride with me one day. I plan on taking her on these short rides to get her real comfortable. Also I know kids tend to fall asleep easy so I explained to her that I need to make sure to keep her alert. On our last ride she did say she was riding the last bit with her eyes closed as the sun was in her eyes and it was relaxing her.

They do get sleepy

You never know what you can do until you have to undo something you have done.

I take our 2 year old boy for a ride about every day. Its the highlight of his life. I take him on the 07 then when we get he goes straight to the 98 demanding a ride on it also. Now he can do the throttle and drive a little.

On another note the wife and i were thinking about selling the sv and getting a klr. A friend of ours let us ride his for half a day. When we got back both of us said to each other at the same time that we like the tw better. But im 5'6" maybe 150lbs and she's about 5'2" @100lbs. So it helps that we are "small" people i guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links