• 3 Post By Miaugi
  • 5 Post By GCFishguy
  • 5 Post By Miaugi
  • 3 Post By Purple
  • 4 Post By ToolmanJohn
  • 7 Post By ToolmanJohn

Thread: Sold the TW - Off to someone who'll ride it more

Sold the TW - Off to someone who'll ride it more

After my recent purchase of the Beta Xtrainer, I realized I wouldn't be using the TW on trails anymore. My safety and comfort level went way up due to the suspension of the Xtrainer, even though I lowered it 2 inches, it still eats 8 inch logs and climbs like a goat. 8 psi Tubliss front and rear helps.

Sold it to a younger guy who has trails near where he lives. He said he won't even register or plate it.

I had an immense amount of fun on it, even when thoroughly exhausted and beat up at the end of a 3-4 hour ride. But I had serious difficulty following other guys on enduro trail machines, and it bothered me that I couldn't press as hard, or risk crashing out.

We did a 3 hour ride last Sunday , 19 miles, all single track trails. I was STILL exhausted afterwards, and I must have dropped the Beta when not moving about 20 times. It was not lowered enough yet, and I took a shot at riding it. Oh well, while moving it was awesome, and really has way more power than I can use. The handguards saved the bike from any harm. My legs and arms were so sore and bruised though. I need to take some yoga or something.

Dumped it twice on crazy (for me), rocky, rooty, brush overgrowing the sides climbs. I am no expert at clutch work. I really need to learn. Trying to push and use the engine was nuts, I used the "ghost rider " method a couple times and launched it by accident when the power valve opened. BOOP- 6 feet up the hill as I let go and fall over. Hilarious. Get up and walk up to bike, lift and try again. Glad my riding buds got a few laughs out of that...

I will be out in MOAB sometime next year, my toy hauler in tow, with mountain bikes and Beta, just not sure what time of year yet, and still want to ride with the TW crew on the "guided tours". I'll have a functioning video camera before than, and a decent GPS.
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300 - Suspension modified for height
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Sold but not forgotten, possibly in the future when space permits)
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (sold) Fun for a year, then mega garage DUST collector
    1985 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk (sold) FUN - but became a dust collector
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk (sold) Primary transportation for almost 5 years
    Various other 2 wheel rolling junk not worthy of mention....

Congrats, let's see some pics of that Beta?

Congrats on sale and purchase. Just read a review of Beta xtrainer, sounds like a fun bike. Enjoy the ride John.

#GYG
    '13 TW200

A.T.
    littletommy, Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Get a recluse and save your clutch or gear the bike lower and save your clutch.
    I geared my DT200 from 13/43 to 12/50 and do not need to clutch get through the nasty sections.
    Ken, jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Sorry to hear you've let your TW go, although after reading up on the Xtrainer I can understand why! Congrats on the new ride and passing the TW onto a lad who will hopefully enjoy it for many years. Now if I could only win a loto I might look at one of them there Xtrainers myself. lol
    jtomelliott49, Ken and littletommy like this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Congrats! And, hrmm....not sure how the reggy process works there but I know a couple people (personally) who had the local authorities knock on their door regarding a vehicle they used to own, and was never transferred, and then was involved in either a hit and run fender bender, etc. The "I sold that 3 years ago!" excuse wasn't good enough and they had to dig up old paperwork in order to prove they had actually sold it.
    I sold an old Honda Prelude to a co-worker ages ago, then 3-4 years later had some guy trying to register it call me because it was still in my name. So that whole time it was on the road, it was uninsured, and belonged to me. Not cool.
    Anyway...likely not an issue with the TW, but thought I'd mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by GCFishguy View Post
    Congrats! And, hrmm....not sure how the reggy process works there but I know a couple people (personally) who had the local authorities knock on their door regarding a vehicle they used to own, and was never transferred, and then was involved in either a hit and run fender bender, etc. The "I sold that 3 years ago!" excuse wasn't good enough and they had to dig up old paperwork in order to prove they had actually sold it.
    I sold an old Honda Prelude to a co-worker ages ago, then 3-4 years later had some guy trying to register it call me because it was still in my name. So that whole time it was on the road, it was uninsured, and belonged to me. Not cool.
    Good Advice! Here in Ontario if you sell any vehicle that you are not sure if the new owner is going to register it you can go the the Motor Vehicle Bureau and advise them you have sold it and they will note that on the vehicle file to protect you from that exact scenario.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Wrote off an Audi once - the insurance paid up and towed it away

A year later, and it was picking up parking tickets like fleas on a dog - guess who they came after ......
    littletommy, Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GCFishguy View Post
    He has the title, we both have signed bill of sale, and I transferred the reg and the plate to the Beta, even transferred the insurance, meaning there's no longer any legal connection to me with the TW. So I have no worries. So there's no way it can be seen as belonging to me.
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Sold but not forgotten, possibly in the future when space permits)

Here's the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Miaugi View Post
    Sorry to hear you've let your TW go, although after reading up on the Xtrainer I can understand why! Congrats on the new ride and passing the TW onto a lad who will hopefully enjoy it for many years. Now if I could only win a loto I might look at one of them there Xtrainers myself. lol
    I studied the hell out of many many bikes. It all came to three things really, height and is it lower-able at all, weight, and suspension. I really would have preferred a 4 stroke, and if something in the future comes up, 4 stroke, light and low, I may bite. I looked at so many different kinds of dirt bikes that could be used as trail bikes, but I decided I might as well have a trail bike that's designed to be one and the hell with the price ($7200 not counting mandatory accessories and taxes) . KTM's always too high seat height, Yamaha 250, no way to get it low enough, all the giraffes out there, just no one caters to a short rider and I understand that, it's really not feasible to have high ground clearance, big suspension, and low seat height, just doesn't exist.

Still has a few warts though, even though it's new. Beta's torque charts are wrong. Flat out WRONG. I only discovered this AFTER stripping the lower shock fork mount. Forums reveal that I am NOT the first. I had to spend $60 for a M10X1.25 helicoil kit and fix it at work.

The Beta electrical wiring diagram for the left/right signals has the colors backwards. Already got me TWICE!!! Dang had to disassemble and reverse the turn signal kit. Easy to do but still, I have since changed the schematic with INK... No more of that I hope.

Fuel use SUCKS.. I hope this gets better as it breaks in. I don't even want to say what that first 19 mile ride came in at but I nearly went to reserve. Blah.. It makes no smoke when warm and idling, or when riding. Only on startup (cold or warm), and if I open it up. I did another test tonight on road, and I am going to static balance the wheels for sure. The Tubliss makes them vibrate about 45mph. I won't be doing miles and miles of road, but I want the safety if I must.

IMG_3615.JPGIMG_3616.JPGIMG_3617.JPGIMG_3618.JPGIMG_3619.JPGIMG_3621.JPGIMG_3622.JPGIMG_3623.JPG

Sponosred Links