Resurrection
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Resurrection

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)

Cool Resurrection

Well it has been a long, long process (just short of 4 years) but today for the first time since we where hit my girl has stood on her own two feet/tires.

I still have some more parts like a gas tank to track down but she at least looks like a bike again and can be rolled instead of still sitting on the frame on 4x4s.

Man I can’t wait to ride her again.

18 JAN 2014

Today

Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Hoorah! Hope you’re riding again soon. Cheers
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Well I just installed the new battery fresh off of the charger, changed and flushed the oil til clean and hooked up the sweetest little custom gas tank you ever did see. Before I choked the carb I went ahead and bumped the start button to see if the starter still turned over and she immediately sprang to life. About 3 years since I last had enough parts to run the engine and it fired right up and started thumpin along! Happy days!

Can’t wait to get a more permanent and useable tank so I can ride her again.

Dryden-Tdub, littletommy and Ken like this.
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on nearing the finish line with the resurrection of your TW. From the 2014 pic it seems the Miata didn't get as messed up....but I bet it left a mark! Best of luck finding the last few pieces of the puzzle!
    maddawgj and littletommy like this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Thanks, it’s driving me mad now being this close. Yeah the Miata left a couple of marks, a new pair of crutches and a lot of medical bills but it takes more than that to put me down. My gear did what it’s suppose to do fortunately. That’s why I don’t buy cheap gear or ride in shorts, etc. The older I get, the longer it takes me to get back up.
    littletommy likes this.

If only that gas tank wasn’t F-ed I could slap on the new chain, new tubes finished machining the new pegs and go ride tonight.

So close but yet so far away still. Bank Check is on the way to Fly for his old tank but if I hadn’t been a cheap old you know what and trusted my gut that the tank was bad I’d already have it and have painted and installed it. Oh well, nothing I can do about that now. At least I got to throw a leg over her again while she purred.

Soon enough my baby will be ready for the new trails I’ve found for her and the old ones too. Well tomorrow is pay day so time to order the 241 for the front, new petcock and cap, and some missing hardware. Maybe even the front fender if I finally decide between stock black or changing her over to the 2018 “sand camo” plastics. I do need to paint the new tank anyway...

At some point I’ll post the full list of repairs and replacements but until I’m done I don’t want to even begin to think about what I’ve got into the rebuild already.
    littletommy and ejfranz like this.

She is reborn!

At some point the tank will get a proper paint job and at a color I like better, but the metal is protected and it holds fuel so we are good for now.

I got a nice 5+ min ride around the yard as the sun was setting today. Can’t wait to go for a real ride on her again. Still need to flush the brake fluid and swap out some rusted fasteners for new but she is running and road and trail ready again.
    littletommy, Ken and Tweaker like this.

That is Great Brother. Good looking bike, Let The Good Times Roll!
    littletommy, Ken and maddawgj like this.

Ken
    That color blends in well with the seat. That paint job is better than my rattle can on my Radian. From about 20' no one will ever know. It looks great
    littletommy and maddawgj like this.

Congrats on getting your bike back on the road. Do you have the info on that paint? I like it. Cheers
    littletommy and maddawgj like this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links