long time rider, new tw!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oh my god! I've been riding for ever in search of things that go fast! Most of us old geezers striped down old bikes/enduros, yanking lights & tweekning shocks so we could try to be competative in our endeavors for speed, I can't even begin to remember all the bikes I've owned let alone the others I've sported about! I own the fastest bike in my town--yamaha fj 1200 tweeked & moded--ive given most of the kids in my town there first ride / first bike! To pass on the tradition of motorcycles is my biggest goal in life as I'm absolutely obsessed & always have been! Ask anyone in - ocean park WA who the motorcycle guy is & they point my direction, my family is old school Indians & Harley & I've done my share! But diversity in bikes for different riding styles & adventures has always been my focus as I truly put the machine before the lifestyle!! My wife is as obsessed as I am, 61 & still yells in my ear to pass the road slugs!!

I've admired the tw for ever & finally decided to make the purchase! The machine has time warped me back to all those giddy moments of adventure of when i was kid, its so incredable to go slow, pack lots of stuff, bite into the gnarlyest stuff & get there, with out worry in about broken clutch levers/shifters/bumps bruises, & ect because I had to try & carry my speed on some tall pipe bike in the tight stuff that said bike had no business being in in the first place!! Did I forget to mention I feel like a kid again & am having a blast? If your thinking about buying one of these do yourself a favor & do it no matter what the wife says or how they tell you how silly you are, but guaranteed you'll be the one who gets there for shure set up camp in comfort as the others will be fixin bikes & licking wounds while your snoozeing dreaming of tomorrows ride!! Rock on tdubers! I'm hooked!!

Don't hold it in man, tell us how you really feel!

Welcome to the TW. It is a fun ride isn't it!

Welcome, Cap'n. I'm a former speed demon myself, although I started off with some really slow stuff off-road. I'm still getting used to my TW, but I cant think of a more entertaining off-road ride than it. There is absolutely nothing like it.

Like you, I had an FJ1200. Bought it new in '92. I kept it for 7 years until the Suzuki Hayabusa came out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the 'club' Captain Wavy. Enjoy the uniqueness of no other

Be safe & Keep on TW 'ing,

Matt Ward

- 2012 Yamaha TW200 -

Welcome

Well said. Welcome.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Welcome to club tdub!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Welcome - It is so nice to see many of we seasoned citizens getting involved with the dirt again - My first suggeston is get a hydraulic bench hoist to get your aging bones up off of the floor - It will be the best $299.00 you will ever spend - They can be found on Craig's list or Harbor Freight - I was raised in Washington State and rode all over the Cascades - It has been over fifty years since I rode the Natchez Trail from Eatonville to Jungle Camp and over the same trail that Ezers Meeker brought his covered wagons into Western Washington - I was riding a 600cc Matchless Typhoon. In those days one could still see traces of the rope marks on the trees where they lowered the wagons down the cliff. - If the trail still exists, go find it. I now reside in Southern California but have very fond memories of the rides of yesteryear in the Cascades. Enjoy the TW it is legendary - BTW I am thirteen years older than you are KID ---Scotsman

[quote name='Scotsman' date='06 August 2012 - 09:48 PM' timestamp='1344318536' post='52182']

Welcome - It is so nice to see many of we seasoned citizens getting involved with the dirt again - My first suggeston is get a hydraulic bench hoist to get your aging bones up off of the floor - It will be the best $299.00 you will ever spend - They can be found on Craig's list or Harbor Freight - I was raised in Washington State and rode all over the Cascades - It has been over fifty years since I rode the Natchez Trail from Eatonville to Jungle Camp and over the same trail that Ezers Meeker brought his covered wagons into Western Washington - I was riding a 600cc Matchless Typhoon. In those days one could still see traces scoof the rope marks on the trees where they lowered the wagons down the cliff. - If the trail still exists, go find it. I now reside in Southern California but have very fond memories of the rides of yesteryear in the Cascades. Enjoy the TW it is legendary - BTW I am thirteen years older than you are KID ---Scotsman

Thanks for the welcome you all! Its so nice to be around such seasoned cycle guys, & yes I now realize I need that cycle lift after installing my new o ring chain which took an incredable amount of vibration out of the drvetrain, I also switched to royal purple synth, it shifts smoothly, & seems to have picked up a little power! I live on the long each peninsula & commute on the beach to work, the traffic is greuling lol! I sure whould love to do those historic trail rides, who lives on the coast? Thanks for giving me hope Scotsman being the elderly rider you are!!

I'm fresh at posting can you tell? Doh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links