• 2 Post By joeband
  • 3 Post By littletommy
  • 3 Post By grewen
  • 3 Post By Fantom
  • 1 Post By Fantom
  • 3 Post By grewen

Thread: Is it possible to ?

Is it possible to ?

I'm new to TW's and actually deciding between two different years as to which to buy.

That being said, Is it possible to "switch off" the head and tail light for daytime riding off road? ( I'm really not concerned if the brake light has too come on occassionally. )

I understand the advantage of lights on public roads and highways for safety and visibility, but when using it for scouting and hunting I would rather not advertise my presence to game animals or other hunters who may be in the area.

Gene
    littletommy, Ken and maddawgj like this.
    2010 TW 200 Dual Sport
    2017 Harley Softail Slim w/110 Cubic Inch Screamin' Eagle engine
    2005 Yamaha 450 Kodiak 4x4 Quad

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Gene, read this... https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...ights-off.html

and this... https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...ights-out.html

Also, scroll to the bottom and see if there are any "Similar Threads" that look interesting.

Maybe somebody else will remember if there was actually a final easy answer, but I don't remember. Some thick black socks and a piece of cardboard seems the easiest to me.

Good luck!
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    .............., but when using it for scouting and hunting I would rather not advertise my presence to game animals or other hunters who may be in the area. .......Gene
    The lights won't matter.

Everyone/everything within a mile will be notified of you presence by the sound of the engine.

jb
    Ken, maddawgj, admiral and 2 others like this.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

What I did was simply to pull the bullet connector to the low beam. Just remove the cowling to get at them. I ride very slowly in the woods and the stator wasn't putting out enough juice, so after a few hours the battery would be down. All I have to do is remember to turn on the high beam when I get back out on the road. I also pulled and wrapped the spark arrestor with muffler fiberglass, that quieted it down about 20%.
    joeband, Ken, maddawgj and 1 others like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

welcome to the forum.

the previous owner of my ct90 cut in an on/off switch for the headlight, though i like rocky's idea better. i'll post a pic later today.
    littletommy and maddawgj like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sweet install, great job bro!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    I did similar to Rocky, only instead of leaving the wire disconnected, I put a switch in. I all was turn the headlight off when I start the bike. I have done the same on all my bikes plus added a $2. volt meterAttachment 137993
    grewen, maddawgj and Ken like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I did similar to Rocky, only instead of leaving the wire disconnected, I put a switch in. I all was turn the headlight off when I start the bike. I have done the same on all my bikes plus added a $2. volt meter13.JPG
    littletommy, maddawgj and Ken like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

The other day while driving on a electric power right of way, at about 6 am, two deer showed up in front of me, maybe 1/2 mile away. They stood there looking at me, mesmerized probably by the light beam, while I approached them. They went into the bush when I was only 100 yards away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grewen: What is the red plastic on the right side of the speedometer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    littletommy likes this.

that is a SAE (I think that is the term) jack so I can charge the battery and run my tire pump and I have an usb adaptor for a cam or charging the gps
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Sponosred Links