Polar Opposites
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Polar Opposites

Polar Opposites

I had a chance to take a few laps on a whooped out mx track Sunday on a 17 KX450. As underwhelming as the TW was to me the first time I rode it, the KX was over the top amazing. It hooked up like I was riding on velcro. More power off if idle than a diesel F350 dually .Words cant tell you how much fun I had. Having a bikes so different from the other makes me appreciate each for what they are.
    I want and love my TW, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a KX450 too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken, scotti158, troll and 7 others like this.
    87 TW

The TW does make you appreciate a bike with real power and suspension. My old worn out KLR 650 feels like a rocketship after a few weeks of nothing but TW.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    There is no alternative for horse power. Those Dunlop 606's might have had something to do with the Velcro hook-up as well
    Badgerflorida and littletommy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have never ridden a real dirt bike. I have a feeling it would ruin the thing I have going on with my TW and I don't want to mess with that.

If a dirt bike can be sexy, that’s first on the list.
    Peterb and maddawgj like this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    I have never ridden a real dirt bike. I have a feeling it would ruin the thing I have going on with my TW and I don't want to mess with that.
    Don't ever deny yourself a chance to experience another motorcycle.
    87 TW

A man has to know his limitations! Hot dirt bikes are a thing of my past that I dearly loved but as I grew older I also became wiser and realized I had to slow down because it hurt too much and for way too long when ever I did a trail side nap. I don't know what it is about us guys but if we have a motor under us capable of going real fast we have to do it. When I finally found my first TW I came to the realization it was the remedy for my need for speed. When I had bikes with the power to do wheelies I had to do wheelies. When I had bikes with the suspension to do jumps and woops I had to do all that cool stuff and just be the basic A hole Iv'e always been. The last real dirt bike I rode was a KTM, 320 I think it was but an absolute monster with more than enough power and suspension to get me that thrill but to get me hurt quick. I had to admit to myself that I am unable to control myself and must swear off hot dirt bikes. At 65 years old if I hopped on a 450 anything I would need to be in a bubble suit.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    A man has to know his limitations! Hot dirt bikes are a thing of my past that I dearly loved but as I grew older I also became wiser and realized I had to slow down because it hurt too much and for way too long when ever I did a trail side nap. I don't know what it is about us guys but if we have a motor under us capable of going real fast we have to do it. When I finally found my first TW I came to the realization it was the remedy for my need for speed. When I had bikes with the power to do wheelies I had to do wheelies. When I had bikes with the suspension to do jumps and woops I had to do all that cool stuff and just be the basic A hole Iv'e always been. The last real dirt bike I rode was a KTM, 320 I think it was but an absolute monster with more than enough power and suspension to get me that thrill but to get me hurt quick. I had to admit to myself that I am unable to control myself and must swear off hot dirt bikes. At 65 years old if I hopped on a 450 anything I would need to be in a bubble suit.

GaryL
    lol.....I'm beginning to realize the very same thing!
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

GaryL

Yep thats what I'm talking about. I'm 57 but still love speed and have had enough broken bones for a life time. The TWs limitations help slow me down and I'm ok with that.

I went to a KTM dealership just a few days ago. Turns out they can lower the XC models two inches. That was very nice until the owner stated to compare it to my KLR. Got to changer the oil every ten hours and no more than fourty hours between valve valve checks! Sorry!!! I spent more times working on my old Bultaco then riding it and I'm not going back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links