Hello fellow Tdubbers.......:)
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Hello fellow Tdubbers.......:)

Hello fellow Tdubbers.......:)

I recently purchased a new to me 2015 TW200 with 1200 kms. The original owner was a lady helicopter pilot with SARS (rescue) who never took it off of the pavement....... She added a battery tender, Moose Racing rear rack and vibration proof handlebar grips and redid the seat.

I had the very good fortune of running into forum member TW-Brian here who started an avalance of add-ons to putt-putt........ Given Brian's vulgar generosity (this is an uber good thing), he kindly sold me an as new Pelican case and two customized Quick Fists grips that attach to the triple tree.......at a price SO LOW that I would only serve to embarass myself if I revealed it! Thank you so damn much Brian!

Sooooooooo, thanks to Brian and his guidance I have adquired or ordered the following: Jimbo Windscreen, Shinko SR244 5.10 / 18, Ride-On tire filler, Krator clone footpegs, Maddog Seat cushion, 2x 1litre stainless fuel containers, JP 47T rear sprocket, ROX Pivoting 2" risers and I have probably forgotten some stuff.....

About the only thing left that I can think of is to upgrade the factory chain with an O-ring and any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. By making the preceeding statement I feel assured that anything missing will be brought to my attention.....lol.

In case anyone is wondering how the name putt-putt came about...... I also own a 2007 Triumph America with Vance & Hines pipes which I fired up a couple of days ago......need I say more. Originally I was only going to "troll" the forum but registered under a different and long name, just so that I could see the pictures while educating myself. I enjoy the forum and the members so much that I want to be a part of this special group so I had to change my "handle". Thank you littletommy for making it happen, no moss growing on his stones........
    maurice aka putt-putt

Please make yourself at home here Maurice. It's a very unique forum. Ton's of good folks here.
    Quote Originally Posted by putt-putt View Post
    I recently purchased a new to me 2015 TW200 with 1200 kms. The original owner was a lady helicopter pilot with SARS (rescue) who never took it off of the pavement....... She added a battery tender, Moose Racing rear rack and vibration proof handlebar grips and redid the seat.

I had the very good fortune of running into forum member TW-Brian here who started an avalance of add-ons to putt-putt........ Given Brian's vulgar generosity (this is an uber good thing), he kindly sold me an as new Pelican case and two customized Quick Fists grips that attach to the triple tree.......at a price SO LOW that I would only serve to embarass myself if I revealed it! Thank you so damn much Brian!

Sooooooooo, thanks to Brian and his guidance I have adquired or ordered the following: Jimbo Windscreen, Shinko SR244 5.10 / 18, Ride-On tire filler, Krator clone footpegs, Maddog Seat cushion, 2x 1litre stainless fuel containers, JP 47T rear sprocket, ROX Pivoting 2" risers and I have probably forgotten some stuff.....

About the only thing left that I can think of is to upgrade the factory chain with an O-ring and any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. By making the preceeding statement I feel assured that anything missing will be brought to my attention.....lol.

In case anyone is wondering how the name putt-putt came about...... I also own a 2007 Triumph America with Vance & Hines pipes which I fired up a couple of days ago......need I say more. Originally I was only going to "troll" the forum but registered under a different and long name, just so that I could see the pictures while educating myself. I enjoy the forum and the members so much that I want to be a part of this special group so I had to change my "handle". Thank you littletommy for making it happen, no moss growing on his stones........
    maurice aka putt-putt
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome from the mainland. Where on VI are you?
    If you plan to do and serious rock garden riding add in a skid plate.
    There are rocks in those hills.
    littletommy, Ken, maddawgj and 2 others like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

DID chain. Consider doing the front sprocket as well. Your new chain will thank you. It does involve removing the left side engine cover, but not too bad. Check the thread about it and order a gasket if you’re going to do it, although the guys that are good at it often save the gasket. I destroyed mine.

You’ve got a good list. Cheers and welcome.
    littletommy, Ken and maddawgj like this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Hey ejfranz, I live in Comox. I forgot to mention the Ricochet....already on order from Fortnine......thanks.

Badgerflorida, I didn't think that I would need a new front sprocket given the low mileage and shape that it is in....... Buttttttttttt, you have me thinking.....if I am going to buy a new O-ring chain and rear sprocket, why cheap out now they aren't expensive just a pita......to install so consider that one done. Thanks.
    putt-putt

Welcome aboard!
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

I didn’t realize your bike has so few kilometers. Mine had around 5,500 miles and Fred recommended doing chain and both sprockets so they wear in together. That was a good piece of advice. My front was pretty ratted out. You can shine a flashlight and probably see if yours looks good.

The side benefit for me was that it forced me to take the engine cover off, something that terrified me. I was a newbie and that gave me a lot of confidence.

I don’t want to spend other people’s money if not needed. Keep us posted on your progress. Cheers buddy.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Hi putt putt, you lucky bugger. How did I miss that 2015 up for sale? I'm a bit of a hawk when it comes to the used TW market on Vancouver Island. Hello from Victoria! I have a couple TW's in the garage, a bit older vintage. Also a WR250r Great access for riding up there in your neck of the woods, I wish I lived a bit closer, maybe one day!

Happy trails!
    1989 Tw200
    1991 Tw200
    2008 WR250R
    2004 Ford Ranger FXR Lvl II

Hey Drapes, my wife spends tooooo much time in Victoria shopping...... I found the bike on Craigslist Nanaimo, it had been listed for 6 minutes. Asking price was $4,000 and I emailed stating that I would e-transfer a deposit that evening and pay the balance in cash the next day. I was crapping my pants as there were something like 43 viewings the first half hour and I have no way of knowing if my email got through........
    We had purchased two electric bikes the month before but when these come up....ya got to move fast! I did see an add from a fellow in Victoria ISO (in search of TW200's.....
    putt-putt

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Welcome putt-putt
    littletommy, putt-putt and Elvesus like this.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links