Shop Light for My Basement
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Shop Light for My Basement

Shop Light for My Basement

Looking for recommendations for a light I can use while working on my bike. Would be nice if it could adapt from floor standing to workbench. Also I like the idea of the dual lights pointing in to give me more options for avoiding working in my own shadow. I’d like to hear about the really good stuff, but my budget is weak. Thanks and cheers

Peter
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Badgerflorida------- You are describing the Holy Bible and they can be found for free. Dirts a Flyen SanDue

Just don't get this style. They have driven me crazy for 40 years.
    s-l1600.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Check Home Depot and Lowe’s for their holiday sales. The Husky dual halogen light is good quality, the Harbor Freight one is junk and may last 6 months if you are lucky. For the workbench I installed https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia...P-RE/202192989 flush to the shelf above so I have enough light for small parts and detail work on carbs, fishing reels or gun parts. I leave it “on” and plugged into the powerstrip so that everything can be turned on or off at once.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

I have 4 T8 dual lamp fixtures in my office and for the second time in 7 years some ballasts went south. So instead of replacing the ballast I bought some 48" LED tubes that completely removes the need for a ballast and runs on 110v direct. You have to do some re-wiring but it was a simple enough job and the lights look great, are pretty well instant on. Most of our home lights have also been replaced with LEDs of various configurations to fit their respective fixtures. So if you are looking at a portable worklight I would say for sure to look twice at the LED models.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

For floor standing the Husky brand duel head LED is a very nice work light.
    I use the 48" 4 tube LED lights overhead in the shop & they made a world of difference for my old dim eyes. Lol
    2005 Yamaha TW200
    2003 Kawasaki KLR650
    1995 BMW R100GSPD Classic
    1983 Honda CT110
    1984 Honda CT110

I like this supplemental light. 110V or simply un-plug to use built in battery for cordless operation. Good to move around easily to shine up at carbs, or peer under cabinets for that 10mm socket that rolled away. Magnification lens is handy for detail work. Whole thing weighs less than a pound so easy to more around . Carson DeskBrite 200 LED Illuminated 2X Magnifier & Desk Lamp (LM-20)

41P0tItnDML._SY90_.jpg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I definitely need this. Great price too. Seems my bifocal lenses are often useless when doing a lot of micro type work. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I like this supplemental light. 110V or simply un-plug to use built in battery for cordless operation. Good to move around easily to shine up at carbs, or peer under cabinets for that 10mm socket that rolled away. Magnification lens is handy for detail work. Whole thing weighs less than a pound so easy to more around . Carson DeskBrite 200 LED Illuminated 2X Magnifier & Desk Lamp (LM-20)

41P0tItnDML._SY90_.jpg
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

I have recently replaced all the flourescent garage lights with led's from Sam's. About thirty some bucks each, they aren't dirt cheap, but they work well, come on instantly, and provide excellent light. They can plug together with a supplied cord so you can join up to five from one outlet. Love that Carson DeskBrite as Fred recommended. They would make good Christmas gifts.....hmmmmm.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

I too have the Costco led light overhead fixtures in my shop... Along with that I have one of these flame throwers! LED instead of Halogen. I have 3 Halogen lights, 2 doubles and 1 single, Have not used them since I got my Snap-on light....Bummer that they are so expensive... https://www.amazon.com/Snap-922261-W...p+on+light+led

51f326ySJoL._AC_US218_.jpg

Jim
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links