New Owner in North Alabama
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I brought home a pretty nice 2005 TW200 yesterday after spotting it on a local craigslist ad and making an offer. It is in good shape with only 2000 miles and looks to be fairly well kept. The last owner put a DG pipe on it and it is a little loud for my taste but not at all obnoxious. He also said that he changed the jetting due to the new pipe. I'm currently trying to buy some airbox parts from a couple of members here who are parting out their TWs. Next on the agenda will be an oil/filter change and after a few miles I'll replace the piece of crap stock chain and sprockets with something that will last. I did find out here that the left case cover has to come off to change the front sprocket, I don't think I ever remember that on any other bike I've had but maybe it is more common than I think. I also saw that this would require several seals in order to make the change. I understand that I'll have to watch for the very common base gasket leak also.

I just wanted to say hi and I'll try to get some crappy cell phone pics up in a day or two.

EDIT: I rode it around the block a few times today at lunch and it runs great. It's too loud but I can live with it. However, I do have a small amount of oil leakage at the base gasket. I'll probably just keep it wiped off and topped off for a little while and then get to the base gasket after I have some miles on it.

Welcome to the fun! We do enjoy pictures of TW's. Check out the various posts for copies of service manuals and other helpful things.

Welcome Bogey. I'm new here too and have gotten so hooked up already its crazy. Good folks here. Stick around and have some fun.
    Those who forge their swords into plows, will plow for those who do not.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome come on in an stay awhile.Im in La lower alabama.

Welcome to Club Tdub! Another Lower Alabama Resident.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Quote Originally Posted by bogey72 View Post
    I brought home a pretty nice 2005 TW200 yesterday after spotting it on a local craigslist ad and making an offer. It is in good shape with only 2000 miles and looks to be fairly well kept. The last owner put a DG pipe on it and it is a little loud for my taste but not at all obnoxious. He also said that he changed the jetting due to the new pipe. I'm currently trying to buy some airbox parts from a couple of members here who are parting out their TWs. Next on the agenda will be an oil/filter change and after a few miles I'll replace the piece of crap stock chain and sprockets with something that will last. I did find out here that the left case cover has to come off to change the front sprocket, I don't think I ever remember that on any other bike I've had but maybe it is more common than I think. I also saw that this would require several seals in order to make the change. I understand that I'll have to watch for the very common base gasket leak also.

I just wanted to say hi and I'll try to get some crappy cell phone pics up in a day or two.

EDIT: I rode it around the block a few times today at lunch and it runs great. It's too loud but I can live with it. However, I do have a small amount of oil leakage at the base gasket. I'll probably just keep it wiped off and topped off for a little while and then get to the base gasket after I have some miles on it.
    Huntsville, Alabama - Have TW, Will Ride! All White 09 TW, D2Moto Pegs, Bridgestone 302 front tire, 2" higher bars, 3/4" fork preload spacer, 5wt Honda fork oil, 135mm fork oil level, exhaust tip mod, 2.5 turns out fuel mixture, 0.060 in needle shims, 130 main jet, 14/47 sprockets, 20w-50 Valvoline MC full synthetic oil, ImmixRacing rear rack, Bilt Bag on Rack, 1" front fender spacers, Battery Tender connections on new battery (installed 12/11), Coleman ATV seat cushion, 2 Agri Supply tool tubes, 30oz MSR Fuel Bottle, auxiliary 6 LED tail light, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H4 headlight bulb, 2357 turn signals, and Superbright's 1157 LED Motorcycle Tail Light Bulb with 19 red & 6 white LEDs. Shortened rear turn signals. Bypassed kickstand switch.

Plus a "new to me" 1995 Yamaha Virago XV 750G for Pavement Purposes!!

Here is the promised pic. Not a bad lookin' bike if I do say so myself.

Looks good.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

welcome , nice tdub!

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Welcome. I just got back from a trip to town to buy a gas cap gasket for my generator - I KNEW I was not likely to find the right one but who cares 35 more miles of good time and a trip to Cycle Gear, that's what that trip was about, not a gasket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links