New to the forum and need advice
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: New to the forum and need advice

New to the forum and need advice

How’s it going everyone! I am looking for some advice on these TWs. I’m really considering making the switch from my 2011 gasgas ec250. I trail ride with my wife at a fairly slow speed and I really don’t need all the power my gasser has. Now with all that being said I very recently had a spinal cord stimulator put in and I’m looking for more of a plush ride, seat, etc. I have had many older Yamaha enduros i.e. xt350 and some older kdxs and I miss those pillowy seats. So would it be a good switch for me to make?
    littletommy, maddawgj and Ken like this.

Welcome. Stock TDub seats are the farthest thing from pillowy, but there are quite a few options to improve it - some low cost options too. Suzuki VanVan has the comfier seat but I believe it comes with off-road compromises. I’ll never talk anyone out of a TW. They are very versatile. It will be a big slowdown from your gasser, but tons of fun. Good luck with your search. Cheers
    littletommy, maddawgj, Ken and 2 others like this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Thanks for that info the gasser seat is about as soft as a 2x4 so anything over that is an improvement

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I personally don't think the TW seat will be an improvement. I know mine was about on par with a 2x4
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Having recently evaluated a Vanvan and a TW at a dealer, I found the Vanvan easily won the seat competition. Comfort-wise, not even close.

However, those here with the Seat Concepts upgrade speak highly of it.

And a visit to an upholstery shop could work magic.
    God made mud. God got lonesome. So God said to some of the mud, "Sit up!" "See all I've made," said God, "The hills, the sea, the sky, the stars." And I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around. Lucky me, lucky mud. I, mud, sat up and saw what a nice job God had done.
    Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Well it sounds like I can work around the seat. Off road is the TW easy to handle, my 250 is handful and a lot of work, my wife has a klx140l and I love to ride that thing not big on power but huge fun

Welcome!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

You might consider suspension upgrades also and lowering tire pressure off road. This may help a little since you have back issues. The TW is pretty easy off road with its low gearing and wide tires and low seat height.
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

As you likely already know, the TW is a great bike for trail riding, with (like Gulfrider and everyone else said) the gearing, the big tires, the low seat. Perfect bike in that regard.
    I'm lucky in that I don't have back issues, but after a few hours on the TW my lower back started to hurt, and the seat made my butt hurt as though you were sitting on the wide edge of a 2x4. And it's not likely because I'm cramped or anything...I'm 5'8"
    I got a DR650 and one of the biggest things you see people complaining about with the DR is the 'terrible seat...like sitting on a plank'. I can spend twice as long on the DR as I could on the TW before my butt and back start feeling it. So, if the DR650 seat is thought of as bad, the TW is way worse. Compared to other bikes, I can't really say; those are the only two bikes I've owned.
    Apples to apples, both my TW and DR seats were stock.

I find that when I use my tw to commute, my but gets sore and numb in a very short while. However, when trail riding I can ride all day with no discomfort. I attribute this to the fact that when trail riding I'm constantly shifting my weight and standing to maintain control the bike in the rough terrain.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links