Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New member

Good morning folks, I thought since I was spooking around the forum and learning as much as I can I should intro myself. I'm an ex Canadian forces mechanic, ex due to a broken back.. now on a medical pension. I've been retired for about 14 years now. I am a federally licensed medical marijuana patient. Yes that means I can legally grow and smoke marijuana, I use marijuana to help control my pain and it works great.. I am on pharmaceutical pain killers but due to my weed use I don't use many opiates.

I was only 35 when I retired from the forces, so I'm sure you can imagine how dam BORED I get from time to time. To help drive back the boredom I bought a bike last year. I bought myself an old RD350LC to try and re-live my youth... what a mistake! LOL I sold the RD's (I had two of them.. one being a parts bike) because I just didn't like riding them. I found them high centered and awkward to ride.

Last week I bought myself another bike. This time I think I got what I wanted. I bought a full custom 2008 TW200. I bought the bike from the first registered owner. The PO rode the bike for about a year and a half before he blew it up. When the bikes engine blew the PO decided to transplant a different engine. What he managed to shoe horn in was the engine from a 2003 YZ250F liquid cooled (with a fresh re-build). Did he ever do a NICE JOB!!!

Here is a link to the build pictures for my bike. I think the kid I bought it from did a fantastic job! I look forward to hearing your comments. http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/tyzardoz/

A few days ago I picked up a solo seat from an 883 sportster... but I don't think it's going to be what I want. I do have a rear seat pad from .. um ... I think it's an R1... that just might look decent as a single seat. I'd really like an old fashioned sprung harley seat (for looks primarily). I went out last night and bought an old 5 gallon fatbob tank for dirt cheap (like 50 bucks cheap... heck the petcock is worth that). I haven't looked into the mods I'm going to need to do to make the sportster tank fit but I don't think it's going to be all that hard to accomplish, from what I've seen thus far I'm looking at reworking the "tunnel" and that's about it. I plan on extending the swing arm next summer to complete the look I'm after. I guess you could say I'm looking for a retro looking super motard and I think it's getting close.

I'll update this post when I add the tank and seat

z
    Full custom 2008 TW200/250 build pics of my bike... I call her TW (short for "Twice Wicked" for her almost doubled HP Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

Newest member of the herd... 1987 Honda CBX250... this bike will become a board tracker this summer

Hidden Content

Bought another bike last fall (2012) ... 1982 Kawasaki KZ305 it's a "mostly done" bobber project I got for practically nothing

Hidden Content

Welcome to the forum!

I tried to look at the pics of your bike, but it says they may have been deleted. I had to log on with my Microsoft id also- and I don't think most non-IT type folks will have one. Any way you could post them with photobucket or something?

I'd like to see how the PO got the yz250f engine in the frame. Looking forward to the build pics...

Hi Jason, thanks for the welcome I re-uploaded the build pics to my photobucket account, here is the link

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/tyzardoz/

z
    Full custom 2008 TW200/250 build pics of my bike... I call her TW (short for "Twice Wicked" for her almost doubled HP Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

Newest member of the herd... 1987 Honda CBX250... this bike will become a board tracker this summer

Hidden Content

Bought another bike last fall (2012) ... 1982 Kawasaki KZ305 it's a "mostly done" bobber project I got for practically nothing

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Doh! I just realized the pics are nowhere near "in order" .. oh well you guys will get the gist of things

z

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by zardoz View Post
    Doh! I just realized the pics are nowhere near "in order" .. oh well you guys will get the gist of things

z

Welcome. The link to PhotoBucket is still not working, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Flingwing View Post
    Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome Fling Can you see my build pics? Not sure if I linked them correctly.

z

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Thanks for the welcome Fling Can you see my build pics? Not sure if I linked them correctly.

z

Nope. Problem is that this is your update address. Go to PB, open your album and you'll see a box in the lower right with a direct link etc. Click on the "Direct Link" and it will copy the link. Come back here and paste that to a reply and then we can all see your pix. Good luck.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Wow!

That is a very impressive engine transplant. How does the bike run and ride? Does that rear mounted radiator get enough air circulation to keep the engine cool, and is there enough clearance for the rear wheel/fender?

That engine should definitely take a TW to a whole new level of performance (i.e., scary?).

Thanks for sharing, got any video of the bike running?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Wow!

That is a very impressive engine transplant. How does the bike run and ride? Does that rear mounted radiator get enough air circulation to keep the engine cool, and is there enough clearance for the rear wheel/fender?

That engine should definitely take a TW to a whole new level of performance (i.e., scary?).

Thanks for sharing, got any video of the bike running?

Brian

Hi Brian, yeah I think the po did a great job on the bike. The bike rides out awesome with loads of power, it seems to stay quite cool even tho the rad is under the seat tho I might look into a small rad fan for it. The rear fender has enough clearance to the wheel... about 1/4 inch I'd say, the po was really careful with locating components and such. The only thing I really don't like is the seat but that will change soon. I'm going to change the seat out for something better when I finish the mods to mount the 5 gallon fatboy tank.

z

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links