Buying two TDubs: one electric AND one kick?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Buying two TDubs: one electric AND one kick?

Buying two TDubs: one electric AND one kick?

I have been on the hunt for a used TW for the last three months.

Now I have decided it best to own two TWs. In this way I will be able to offer the second bike to others without one and thus have more frequent joint rides in the mountains. Plus not riding alone = happier wife-unit.

I am fortunate that Placerlode is on the case and is scouring the retirement parks and estate sales of Arizona and Caifornia looking for underpriced, never-taken-off-road gems (well, maybe that’s how he does it. His business model Is as much a mystery to me as the Lost Dutchman Mine).

My question is, would there be a valid reason to own two differnt starting configurations?
    God made mud. God got lonesome. So God said to some of the mud, "Sit up!" "See all I've made," said God, "The hills, the sea, the sky, the stars." And I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around. Lucky me, lucky mud. I, mud, sat up and saw what a nice job God had done.
    Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

If I had a choice, I would want kickers on both. Why not?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    If I had a choice, I would want kickers on both. Why not?
    I agree with Littletommy. Second choice would be one with a kicker, and the other with a tow rope !

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

"My question is, would there be a valid reason to own two differnt starting configurations?"

Kick start is nice but I will take the disc brake over a kicker any day.

Yes but you may be able to have it both ways. It looks like you could get low mile newer units and add the kickers like I did. Maddogi was just able to order all the parts from boats.net.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

To me a kicker is absolutely necessary, plus I see little to no difference in drum or disc brakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    "My question is, would there be a valid reason to own two differnt starting configurations?"

Kick start is nice but I will take the disc brake over a kicker any day.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I rarely get off road, so I like my front disc. I would, however, trade it for a kicker. In large part because I’d get a fork oil drain bolt to boot.

Either way, two TDubs is a problem I’d find a way to deal with.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Is not having kick-start really that big of a deal? How hard is push starting? ...This is a serious question - I've never had to push start any of TW200's yet.

You'll realize how big of a deal it is the first time you need one and don't have one. The've saved my butt many a time.
    Conditions don't always apply where you can push start a bike. What if you're stuck going up a hill? What if you're too old, broken and winded to push a bike... like me?
    You might want to practice push starting yours so you will have it perfected before you have no choice but to try for the first time. Believe me, you want a starter...
    Quote Originally Posted by imlost View Post
    Is not having kick-start really that big of a deal? How hard is push starting? ...This is a serious question - I've never had to push start any of TW200's yet.
    maddawgj, Ken, PlacerLode and 1 others like this.

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    For $250 total, a quart of oil and a couple hours you can add a kickstarter to a TW so don’t let having it or not affect your decision too much. Batteries fail and die, that’s a fact of life and physics. Kickstarters don’t.
    littletommy, admiral, Ken and 3 others like this.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links