Forma Adventure boots
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: Forma Adventure boots

Forma Adventure boots

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Forma Adventure line of boots. Given the amount of easy peasy riding that I will be doing, I was considering the ones shown below....... TIA

IMG_6337.JPG

putt-putt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    putt-putt

I have had those, but in the taller version, for a couple years now. Same color too. Love them. Comfortable, waterproof and provide decent protection. I have taken kicked up rocks and a few bangs on the toe and it does pretty good. Don't expect bombproof like MX (but you saying putt-putt it seems you already know that. I can hike decent in them as well, as long as it is not a couple miles. That may get a bit cumbersome. I think they breathe OK too, but I always wear wool socks so my feet stay dry. Even in hot weather, not very sweaty. Two years and nothing is broken, no loose seams, broken thread etc. Pretty impressed, other than cost. I am cheap, but glad I paid the money for these.
    2013 (old stock bought new by me in 2015), 700 miles as of May 2016, 14/55 with DID o-ring at 50 miles, Cyclops 3800 LED, superbright.com tail/brake LED (1157-R45-T: 1157 Red), superbright.com turn signal indicator (BA9S-G4-32-12VAC: Green 32 Degree 12V), ebay bark busters, ebay wide footpegs, manracks with rotopax, 1 gal rotopax, plasti-dip on all plastics Oct 2015, ebay mirror extenders, 80% trail/20% road, ALL maintenance per manual, BY ME ONLY (more freq. oil changes, reusing orig. filter)

We have those in brown and the low. I love them perfect for our lower key riding. Wife loves hers is so happy to have a pair. Unless you are really hard core I don’t think you can go wrong.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thank you Eric and Tweaker, that is what I was looking for! I want something that I can stop at a store along the way and continue on.....from what I can see these don't look bad under a pair of jeans....
    My only remaining question is......do they fit to size? Thanks for your input guys!
    putt-putt

WHS
    I have had a pair of the Adventure Low for a couple years now and love them! They are very comfortable, waterproof, and I have worn them for 12+ hours many times and over a many multiple day rides and had no issues. In fact, I wore them when I had my FJR and they save my foot. The rear slid out on a corner, my foot caught the pavement and I actually ran it over with the rear tire... Without them I would have probably broken my ankle for sure, but I maintained control and popped back up, foot was fine but left a rubber streak across the top of the boot.
    I highly recommend them.

Also, the best pricing is from Motostorm in the UK. I have actually purchased several items from them now, and even with shipping they were cheaper.

https://www.motostorm.it/en/clothing...l?currency=USD
    Last edited by WHS; 12-05-2017 at 04:55 PM.

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Dang it Putt-Putt those look nice and now I want a pair.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Reviews:

Comfortable and well built Review by Rob Wright
    Overall
    These have to be the most comfortable and well built mid level boots I have ever taken out of the box and worn. Thick heavy soft leather with protection in all the right places. I would buy these again if/when this pair wears out. heck have not worn these in the rain yet, so I can't vouch for the waterproof properties. Buckles and velcro fasteners are all well built and should last a long long time.
    (Posted on 18/02/2016)
    Comfort and Waterproof Review by Trevor Lovelock
    Overall
    These are a extremely comfortable boot that I have worn all day on a ride and also hiked around 2 km sightseeing. I had to ride through around 2 hours of heavy rain and my feet remained warm and dry. I highly recommend these boots for touring.
    (Posted on 01/03/2016)
    Great Boot!Review by Fred Hamann
    Overall
    I am always a little skeptical ordering clothing and boots online, but after reading many reviews I knew this was the boot for me. I have wide (EE) feet and these actually fit. I mean my feet are not cramped and I can wiggle my toes! Also, I did not want a full length boot as I plan on using these for double duty. Riding the road with my FJR and in the mountains on my ATV. When I first put them on, my feet slipped right in. It was not work like many riding boots, but very easy on and off. They are comfortable. I had to make some minor adjustments, but this was really easy. The straps are composite, but seem to be pretty sturdy, time will tell, but they look ok. The fit and finish was great. I have worn them once on the bike and then I spent the day in them, out shopping for several hours, and they were great. I mean come on', they aren't a light, soft, flexible hiking boot, they're motorcycle boots, so they are stiff. However, after walking around in three stores shopping and wearing them for a solid 8 hours, they were still comfy. Overall I am very pleased and really looking forward to my next adventure! Now a quick review on Motostorm. I have never ordered from them, but they have the best price and they were in stock. In America these boots retail for a lot more and nobody had them. I searched and found MS, so I gave them a shot. Check out was easy and delivery came much sooner than expected. I mean coming from Europe, I figured 2 or 3 weeks, but thes
    (Posted on 12/03/2016)
    great bootsReview by Brice Tetrick
    Overall
    Great all around boots good support in the ankle and waterproof, easy to walk in and your pants fit over the boot. I use these for sport riding and adventure touring. The sizing seems accurate and moto-storm price is great.
    (Posted on 16/03/2016)
    Super comfortable great bootsReview by Richard Pywell
    Overall
    Great adventure boots if you don't want something too high. They don't get too hot even in 35C weather and they keep water out. Comfortable to wear all day long on the bike or off the bike. The sole has great grip in the dirt. An overall great boot
    (Posted on 29/04/2016)
    Great Boots / Love ThemReview by Jason Carey
    Overall
    My first adventure style boot and first Forma boots (Sidi before) and I love them. Excellent comfort on and off the bike, and went with a size 45 for my US size 10.5 and with a gel insole they are perfect.
    (Posted on 15/05/2016)
    outstandingReview by Rick Barnes
    Overall
    These boots are great, very flexible and comfortable. The inserts are removable and the footbed gets roomier while still being comfortable, this provides for wider feet or heavier or lighter socks. The boot is fairly light as well and provides excellent protection. Fits over jeans no problem. Contrary to other reviewers, i wouldn't wear all day or to the mall, they're not that comfortable or light. you still enjoy taking them off after a hard ride. I am buying a pair for my son though, we both ride off road dirt bikes.
    (Posted on 01/10/2016)
    Great bootReview by Rick Lorenzo
    Overall
    Bught a pair of these boots. Wanted something to bike and ride in. Perfect blend of both. If you are looking for a great all around boot these are the ones. They fit true. I bought a 45 for what normally is a 10.5 us size shoe. Would buy again.
    (Posted on 10/10/2016)
    Wide FitReview by gary souza
    Overall
    So going by the size chart and the other reviews I read I purchased a size 43 as I routinely fit in a US size 9. I got to say doing buisness with Motostrom was easy, the boot shipped within a day of purchase and I received it ten days later and on time. No, additional fees associated with the initial purchase. Unfortunatly, the boot is too wide for me, so Ill repeat the purchase and try the 42. This is not a boot that is carried locally.
    (Posted on 06/12/2016)
    Fantastic bootsReview by Chris Ringwald
    Overall
    I already own a pair of the high version of these boots. The low cut version is even more comfortable. I could walk all day in these. They are just like wearing a hiking boot. I have worn these in bucketing rain and my feet have remained 100% dry.
    (Posted on 14/12/2016)
    PerfectReview by Arnaldo Guedes
    Overall
    I love my forma adventure low, perfect for winter, very confortable, I'm using all day long in work. 100% waterproof, already tested inside a river. In summer they are quite cool, you can tilt your feet to let the wind cool your feet
    (Posted on 25/12/2016)
    My new Go To BootReview by Mark Ouellette
    Overall
    These boots are very comfortable. They have been water resistant as well. Ride all day and wear them at the campsite. Favorite boots so far. The support around the ankle and heel is firm as well so I feel confident they will protect if needed.
    (Posted on 09/01/2017)
    My new Go To BootReview by Mark Ouellette
    Overall
    These boots are very comfortable. They have been water resistant as well. Ride all day and wear them at the campsite. Favorite boots so far. The support around the ankle and heel is firm as well so I feel confident they will protect if needed.
    (Posted on 09/01/2017)
    great bootReview by sean sheehan
    Overall
    This is a very nice well made and adjustable boot. I have found the boot to be very comfortable and waterproof so far. I have even done some short hikes in these boots. The protection is CE1 and will hopefully save my ankles in case of a crash
    (Posted on 03/02/2017)
    Great bootsReview by Mike Charles
    Overall
    Recently got a pair of these boots and they are comfortable from the minute you put them on. Went for the low boot as I have large calfs which can be problem with the longer boot. looking forward to more trips.
    (Posted on 02/05/2017)
    Quality bootsReview by Jason Koenig
    Overall
    I've had the boots for about a month now and am very pleased so far. Buckles are sturdy and sole has good tread. Broke in quickly, comfortable and waterproof. I would definitely recommend the boots.
    (Posted on 05/06/2017)
    Great boots for my wide feet!Review by Ryan C
    Overall
    I normally wear a 10.5 2E-4E, and the size 45 fits me perfectly. Normally boots are too narrow, or too long, but these are great! They don't look like a stereotypical riding boot, so you can wear them and people won't look twice most of the time. I've worn them all day at work and still been comfortable all day.
    (Posted on 30/08/2017)
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

WHS
    Hey Littletommy, one of those reviews you posted is mine! hahaha
    littletommy, Fred and putt-putt like this.

Those do look like good boots. Hopefully your review was a good one!!!
    putt-putt likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I have the tall forma Adventure boot and they seems ideal for the TW and my style that enviably entails a little wandering around off the bike.

Granted I have been well and truly bruised in them , but it was from a serious blow between bike and boulder. That is something where an MX boot would have offered a lot more protection. Attachment 142425
    What I haven’t done is fall or stumble in the Formas when off the bike scrambling to a rocky peak or climbing enumerable stairs to fire look-outs, fun destinations I would not have attempted in traditional MX boots.
    Size? Mine came a little tight but I stretched them out initially using the ice expansion technique for stretching leather. See internet for details. Basically made water balloons using nitrile gloves strategically placed in the tight spots and held in place with jammed socks and paper as filler, then froze overnight. Had to get them out before the little missus found them and asked why my new Christmas presents were in the freezer and what was the frozen turkey doing sitting in the sink? It worked; boots soft and comfortable now and the turkey tasted pretty good too.
    Now they among my most comfortable footwear, not jet boots.

I definitely like the unpretentious but serious look of Forma’s warm brown leather. As the review that convinced me said “ It is the boot that Steve McQueen would have worn”.
    Last edited by Fred; 12-05-2017 at 05:22 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links