2 New Guys
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 New Guys

Good afternoon, all! Bought my first TW about three weeks ago and bought number two last week. Bike #1 is an '06 with 1100 miles and #2 is an '89 with 800 miles, both in excellent shape. Been using the free resources from the forum and spent most of Saturday wrenching on the bikes. Oil, filters, and new plugs for both. A new 15-tooth front sprocket plus X-ring chain for the '06. Pulled the Yamaha rack that came with the '89 and am painting it with bedliner paint before I put it on the '06.

Here's a gift from the previous resident of the TW. Left me some nuts and a small bit of fur but left the filter completely intact. I'll be sure he gets his deposit back.

I'm moving from a spot out in the boonies to a house downtown so the '06 will get me down for all of the small-town events that are always going on. I bought the '89 for my son who turns 13 today. Here he is changing his oil.

I think we're going to run up to Long Lake or similar this weekend for camping and some 2-tracking. This is a major step down in power to what we're both used to but I think we've spent too many years focused on the next turn instead of the great wilderness around us. Makes for great bonding. I'll try to take some good pics of our trip.

Nice to meet you all.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopaloop View Post
    Good afternoon, all! Bought my first TW about three weeks ago and bought number two last week. Bike #1 is an '06 with 1100 miles and #2 is an '89 with 800 miles, both in excellent shape. Been using the free resources from the forum and spent most of Saturday wrenching on the bikes. Oil, filters, and new plugs for both. A new 15-tooth front sprocket plus X-ring chain for the '06. Pulled the Yamaha rack that came with the '89 and am painting it with bedliner paint before I put it on the '06.

Here's a gift from the previous resident of the TW. Left me some nuts and a small bit of fur but left the filter completely intact. I'll be sure he gets his deposit back.

I'm moving from a spot out in the boonies to a house downtown so the '06 will get me down for all of the small-town events that are always going on. I bought the '89 for my son who turns 13 today. Here he is changing his oil.

I think we're going to run up to Long Lake or similar this weekend for camping and some 2-tracking. This is a major step down in power to what we're both used to but I think we've spent too many years focused on the next turn instead of the great wilderness around us. Makes for great bonding. I'll try to take some good pics of our trip.

Nice to meet you all.

Doug

Congratulations and Welcome. You are well on your way to some great times !!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

welcome to the club

Happy birthday to your son!

That '89 looks pretty sweet. I'm sure that you both will get a lot enjoyment out of riding and wrenching your Tdubs.

and to think that for my 13th.. i got a honda 90.... hmmmmm lucky kid

Great stuff! I just did the same thing. Got tired of the stress of where to put the front tire. I ride the same old trails and have seen things I never did before. Enjoy those beauties!
    Those who forge their swords into plows, will plow for those who do not.

Smart move on your part buying a TW for your son. The two of you are going to have some good times together. I have fond memories of my brothers and I riding with my Dad when we were younger.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Welcome to the club!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    [quote

Nice to meet you all.

Doug

[/quote]

Welcome Doug - bought mine cause it was slowish, a 4-stroke so kinda quiet on the trail, and I liked it's unique classic scrambler looks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links