Tool tube bag - flEaBay find
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Tool tube bag - flEaBay find

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)

Tool tube bag - flEaBay find

I found this listing on the flEaBay and it’s an interesting idea. It’s a bag that fits into the “tool tube” so you can pull everything out when you need that small part that’s otherwise hiding in the bottom. $17 seems like its worth it, but no idea on its quality as I haven’t ordered one yet. Any thoughts or alternatives? (Yes it’s from Germany)https://m.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Tube-Wer....c100890.m2460
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Looks like a good idea.
    littletommy, maddawgj, Ken and 1 others like this.

I kept a length of soft aluminum wire with a 90 degree hook bend on both ends in my tool tube. Small stuff I could not reach was easily fished out with it.

GaryL
    littletommy, maddawgj, Ken and 1 others like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Similar bags can be had for far less at Harbor Freight. You could even check out your local big box store and purchase an inexpensive "fanny pack". Leave the waist belt on and you can hang your tools nearby while in use or wear them around your waist or over a shoulder. Cut the waist belt off if you prefer. I see these all the time for $10 or $12 dollars.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Extreme-P...&wl13=&veh=sem

Tom
    littletommy, Ken, maddawgj and 1 others like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Looks good. I used a sock to put the tools in for easy tool tube retrieval. I don’t use a tool tube anymore but the tools are still in the sock on rear rack bag. I did add tire tools after a ride when I got a flat a few months back.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Kris, I do the same. The sock can also be used as a rag. It also keeps the rattling to a minimum.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Nice find, thanks for sharing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawgj View Post
    I found this listing on the flEaBay and it’s an interesting idea. It’s a bag that fits into the “tool tube” so you can pull everything out when you need that small part that’s otherwise hiding in the bottom. $17 seems like its worth it, but no idea on its quality as I haven’t ordered one yet. Any thoughts or alternatives? (Yes it’s from Germany)https://m.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Tube-Wer....c100890.m2460
    jtomelliott49, Ken and maddawgj like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I use a variety of little zipper bags in my tool tubes, typically fiber reinforced vynal make-up, school supply or bank deposit bags that are a good fit inside the tube. They all have a finite life when the tools start rattling around so I typically a wind tow rope around the bag, or stuff rope into tube after bag is inserted. Never had an issue removing the zippered bag(s).
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Staples sells a heavy duty bag about that size for pencils and stuff. I use a couple of them, and when stuffed full, they still fit in the tool tube. they sell for around $6
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by grewen; 12-10-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    maddawgj, ejfranz, admiral and 4 others like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

An old sock is free, $6.00 is almost a pint of good beer. I'll stick with the sock and go have a beer.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links