Riding Boots
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riding Boots

I did a quick search but did not pull up alot of info on prefered riding boots.

Currently using a pair of older RedWing steel toed work boots, however I smacked my shin this past week while riding and am considering going with a pair of Dual Sport/MX Boots for alittle better protection.

What do you guys use? thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Boots just for riding or are you going to want to some walking/hiking in them too?

The thing that sucks about living in the sticks is not being able to try stuff on before you buy it. If you're around SLC, maybe find a Cyclegear or similar shop and try a bunch on. That's my two cents. I suggest that because I have a very difficult time finding footwear that fits and is comfortable. I should get some dual sport boots myself -- protect the ankle and all that but I dread the day I actually start trying them on.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

I have a pair of Sidi on road Goretex boots and they are pretty comfortable, I would highly recommend them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

A lot of folks seem to like the Alpinestars Scout boot. I've got the grandfather boots to it, and they're pretty dandy considering age.

Hey Wing,

I use THESE and they are absolutly fantastic. They are the perfect balance between full on MX boots and work boots. Extreamely comfortable, super supportive, not restrictive in the ankle and pretty comfy to walk in.

I wear White's Fire Jumpers day in and day out (required at work) and my preferance away from work too, and I thought there was no way I needed more boot than that to ride in . . . . wrong again . . . sigh.

I know they are spendy, but they are a truly impressive boot that you can just tell will last for years and years and years.

I have the cleated sole and feel it's the best for me because we do lot's of exploring on our bikes and that includes a fair amount of walking.

Anyway, you asked . . . . . .

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

I have been looking for some boots myself. My son said to go with a boot that has some traction unlike the street bike.

The Alpinestar Scout Boot looks like an ideal boot for T-Dubing and ATVing.

They run around $245. (If anyone knows where to get them cheaper please post.)

Moose

How much are you looking to spend? I am still in college so I have the fly mavericks atv boot which work fine for me. They definitely take a while to break-in but for $100 they work great.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

I have these, Gaerne Balance Oiled.

They are insanely comfortable and look like regular shoes with a pair of jeans. I wear them all day at work sometimes.

Good sole and shin protection, not the best ankle protection but that keeps them flexible for walking.

They are a "trials" boot, hence the name "balance"

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Thanks for the info guys! I really dont have a budget set, I was assuming I was going to be in the $250-350 range, and was just wondering what everyone else was using. I will be doing alittle bit of walking around in them, but not too much.

Rhodetrip...I have to say, I really like the look of those Gaerne's!! going to look at those really hard. thanks for the pic and info.

I bought a pair of the Gaerne balance oiled this spring. They are very well made and much more flexible than MX boots. I would not say they are insanely comfortable, but they definitely look like the quality will last longer than the bike. I live in Northern Utah and bought them at Rocky Mountain ATV in Payson. They fit true to my normal size and if you make the drive to Rocky Mountain ATV in Payson, they will let you try them on before purchase.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links