TW GAS MILEAGE
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TW GAS MILEAGE

I just rode up to Octoberfest from SLC to Snowbird on my 2012 TW and back to SLC, UT.

I filled up and checked my mileage because I haven't done it and I got 91.05 MPG. I am just elated.

Moose

PS: I bought the TW used with 1200 miles on it.

PSS: Finally figured out Avatar. I shared a photo of my 2012 T-DUB and sent it to myself resized to small photo saved to IPHOTO then uploaded to my AVATAR.

The T-DUB had 1200 miles on it Moose rack and top case with side bags and windscreen (remove it for trails).

I paid $3800 for it as is. I think I got a good deal?

Moose

That seems very good. You must be a very conservative rider. If you have not done so already, do a search on "mileage" or some such variation and see how you compare with others. Enjoy your bike, you are certainly in an area where there should be lots of interesting dirt roads to explore (I think). Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Better than mine. I got about 72 at best. Kinda sucks for a 196cc bike....but the carb did have a few gasket and float leaks so a rebuild and corrected jetting would probably yeild much better results.

My old rebel 250 tops any TW I've ever seen though. Up to 95 a gallon even running 65 on the highway nearly wound out. If I could manage to ever ride a full tank conservatively no faster than 45 mph I bet I could manage well over 100, maybe 110-120...I don't know what it is about that bike but it's probably because it's a very slow running engine for a 250 (Red line is 8250) with tons of low end power. With the gearing I had the bike could run 55 at about 5200, where the TW would be at what, 7000 with stock gearing? I'm sure that makes quite a difference in efficiency.
    2008 CRF230L

2006 CBR1000RR

2007 CB919 - 70k Miles and still runs like new!

* 2001 TW200 (Sold after 15k miles of fun)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That's great mileage. Mine is usually in the mid to low 60s.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

I bet that rebel has a hard time running off road............................ We get from 80/90 mpg all the time.. Depending on speed and how many off road miles we run on that tank of fuel... OMM.

My '97 and my '07 get 80mpg. 91 is impressive!
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

It's like this, I followed (lets say tried to keep up with my son on his Yamaha Tenere 1200) my son which required alot of revving and shifting going up the mountain. I mainly wanted to know what my mileage was incase I needed to do some carb tweaking.

I also have a 07 BMW F650G which I never get less than 70MPG. So getting 90 on my new TW felt really good especially in high altitude. I really thought I would need to change the front sprocket which I was ready to do to get over 70mpg.

I am just visiting my son here in SLC. I am really from MT and plan on doing the mountain trails up there. I will keep you informed of how it does in the dirt on the steep trails I plan on doing.

I am by far not as experienced as most of you. It has been at least 25 years since I rode the dirt with my kids.

However, I love the TW as much as my BMW. I mainly bought the TW because it is just too expensive to replace parts on my BMW which makes the TW my dirt bike.

Looking forward to doing the rim trail at Moab with my son. Another one to check off my bucket list.

I told my doctor that I'd rather die riding them from prostate cancer or anything else.

Live your life as best as you can,

Moose

My '87 routinely gets mid 60's and if I am nice to it gets in the mid 70's.

A neighbor gets in the low 90's and the few times we have ridden together I had trouble going his speed.
    Actually, I wouldn't call it speed at all.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    ...Looking forward to doing the rim trail at Moab with my son. Another one to check off my bucket list.

I told my doctor that I'd rather die riding them from prostate cancer or anything else...
    Well, watch your wheel track while on The Rim, or you might get your wish -- end up looking like that poof of dust from Wile E. Coyote at the end of a Looney Tunes cartoon

I'm with you by the way, not just from Montana, but it's been years since I've ridden dirt. Traded in the cruisers for a sport bike, and the the sport bike for the TW. I don't regret it.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I told my doctor that I'd rather die riding them from prostate cancer or anything else.

Moose

Amen!
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links