Old Newie
Close

Thread: Old Newie

Hey fellow TDub riders. I've been a lurker for several years. Over the years I've gleaned a lot of good info from the sight. By nature I'm not one to join-I'm quite comfortable in the company of myself. But the time has come for me to repay all of you that have helped me better my TW. I've got an '05 with some changes/mods which may be of help to someone else out there. So I'll make an attempt at posting some photos. I'm also quite a pack rat-never throw anything out is my motto. But a pending move has forced me into culling some of goodies I've acquired over the years. So after you mull over the photos, take a look in the classified forum. Chances are if it is a stock TW part that is missing in my photos-then I've had it buried away for several years. Thanks to you all.

Sorry fellow riders, I am too tired to post the items for sale tonight. I'll get it tomorrow. G'night.

It is me back again. After I posted the photos I had one of my (brief) moments of clarity. You old timers here at the forum will know the answer-I don't but it may be an option for you. If you sign in on photobucket you can get all the comments that I made for the photos that I've already posted. You can also see the items I have for sale. I only have one album. Use the name "dooglejones", it should work.....right?

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
    It is me back again. After I posted the photos I had one of my (brief) moments of clarity. You old timers here at the forum will know the answer-I don't but it may be an option for you. If you sign in on photobucket you can get all the comments that I made for the photos that I've already posted. You can also see the items I have for sale. I only have one album. Use the name "dooglejones", it should work.....right?
    Whew! Just finished looking at your pix. Nice work, looking good. Welcome as a two-poster.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
    Cut and paste the URL in a message and we can get there from here.

Hey Doogle, thanks for the contribution. New ideas and perspectives keep the forum strong and growing. As with many of us, looks like you may have some history as a bicycle guy. Like the bungee attachment on the front, it puts the rack at the ready for a windbreaker or a peanut-butter sandwich. Over the years, I have had a zillion of those tail lights for one project or another. It appears they make an inexpensive replacement should anyone's stock unit be damage beyond repair. The Schwinn bicycle speed-o reminded me of me a few years ago. For around $10 it can't be beat.

Question; what is the "red" do-hicky next to the switches ?. Thanks again. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Hey Doogle, thanks for the contribution. New ideas and perspectives keep the forum strong and growing. As with many of us, looks like you may have some history as a bicycle guy. Like the bungee attachment on the front, it puts the rack at the ready for a windbreaker or a peanut-butter sandwich. Over the years, I have had a zillion of those tail lights for one project or another. It appears they make an inexpensive replacement should anyone's stock unit be damage beyond repair. The Schwinn bicycle speed-o reminded me of me a few years ago. For around $10 it can't be beat.

Question; what is the "red" do-hicky next to the switches ?. Thanks again. Gerry

Hey guys thanks for the positive feedback. I hope someone can put one or two of my mods to work for them.

Being a little new at this, I didn't realize that the descriptions and notations on a photobucket album would not transfer over to the forum along with the respective photos.

mrgizmow:

I've removed the bike's ignition switch/lock and replaced it with three (two position) toggle switches. These switches must be in the correct position for the bike to start. The red "thing" is attached to one of the switches. In the past I had had the speedometer in a different position closer to the red "thing". The speedometer does not have any internal lighting-so when it got dark I had a problem. The red "thing" is actually one of the lights from the stock speedometer. It is wired to the high beam indicator and it serves two purposes (1) a legal method of having a high beam indicator, and, (2) a light for the speedometer. The red color preserves your night vision.

Sponosred Links