• 2 Post By troll
  • 1 Post By grewen
  • 2 Post By Tweaker
  • 3 Post By troll
  • 1 Post By RockyTFS
  • 1 Post By Elvesus

Thread: Rotopax mount options

RotoPax mount options

I'm about to order a 1 galllon RotoPax fuel pack and mount. There are three mount options available: standard mount (one T-handle), deluxe mount (double T-handle) and the locking mount (double with a lock). I'm leaning toward the standard mount. The deluxe may be a tighter mount but it looks like it sits higher above the tank wall. I think I'd prefer the closer flush fit of the standard mount. I know there are many RotoPax owners here - any advice on which mount to get? Thanks!
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

Whatever fits your rack/bike set up, I prefer the single t handle
    Elvesus likes this.

I went with the Deluxe (double T handle). Yes it does extend above the "can"; but I wanted to avoid the looser fit when bouncing around off-road.
    Elvesus and Smitty Blackstone like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Single handle works fine and stays tight..... I've hauled the 1.75 gallon rotopax cans both vertically and flat with lots of rough terrain in the mix..... Carried two vertically on my Super Tenere and one flat on the TW.... Of more concern is the strength of the rack you mount them to.

Double handle is just a bit easier to tighten....
    Last edited by troll; 01-03-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    Elvesus and Smitty Blackstone like this.

i went with the standard mount, but then found the whole set up to be a pain in the ass, and sold it all and went with the Clark tank. never regretted that move
    Elvesus likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

I like the double handle mount. Be aware that tightening just the single handle puts more wear on the raised retainer bumps on the pac as you need to give the single handle more turns to make sure it is tight.
    Elvesus and troll like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    i went with the standard mount, but then found the whole set up to be a pain in the ass, and sold it all and went with the Clark tank. never regretted that move
    I have the big XT350 tank on the TW and still carried one 1.75 roto when up the North Canol road. Big tanks rule.... Fuel can be an issue in remote areas of Yukon.

I got the double locking mount, figuring that the only time I was likely to use it was on trips into unfamiliar territory, where the perceived risk of theft was much higher.....like Phoenix.
    Yes, the double handle does stick up, and I put my tailbag on top of it, so I got a piece of hard foam and made a cut-out for the handle. My mount is a plate of aluminum bolted to the crossbars of the CycleRack with holes for the Rotopax mount. I remove the mount when back home, when two MSR 32 oz. bottles in the tailbag are plenty.
    Last edited by RockyTFS; 01-03-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    Elvesus likes this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Thanks for all the thoughts, ideas and advice. I ordered the standard mount. I'll be carrying the RotoPax flat on a ManRacks utility rack. I'll likely stack another box or bag on top so the single handle should work well. And I can always upgrade later. Because we all know it's fun buying more motorcycle stuff!
    troll likes this.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

Sponosred Links