Greetings from Irishguy
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hey Folks,

I just wanted to drop in and say "Hi!" I have been lurking for a while and I really appreciate all of the great technical information available for the TW200 here.

A little about me:

I'm from Trussville, Alabama which is a small town just a little north east of Birmingham. I have been riding motorcycles since I was a kid. I got my motorcycle license when I was 14 and my first real street bike was a Suzuki GS400. My first bike that was not a mini bike was a Hodaka Dirt Squirt. [Those two bikes should be a clue as to how old I am ] I have had many bikes along the way, but my current Triumph Bonneville is my favorite. My wife rides a Bonneville America and is also an avid rider.

A little about my bike:

I had recently purchased a Yamaha XT550 because I wanted to get back into some trail riding after a long absence from the dirt and had planned to turn it into somewhat of an adventure bike. Then by some kind of divine providence I was doing the usual Sunday morning thing of drinking coffee and surfing the internet and came across a 1999 TW200 for the paltry sum of only $900! So I grab the phone and give the guy a call and we make arrangements for me to come see the bike. Well it turns out that the bike is almost like new and only has 623 miles on it! Needless to say I bought it on the spot. The guy said he had 40 calls from the time I called him first until the time I showed up to buy it.

Anyway... I love the bike, it reminds me of when I was a kid riding that Hodaka Dirt Squirt. What a super fun little bike. I sold the XT550 last week. I won't be needing it anymore. I did re-jet the carb yesterday and it made all the difference in the world. I went with a 118, shimmed the needle and went 3 turns out on the pilot screw and I swear it is like it has 25% more horsepower and torque than before. It was really an amazing difference.

I hope to meet some of you guys who are local and maybe set up some rides in the national forest.

I took a ride yesterday before the Alabama game to grab some beer and oysters...

Welcome man and congratulations on you find. You hit "The Irish Luck" on that one!!! Any ways sound like youre getting familiar with the forum and the bike. I sold all of my bikes except the honda CT 110 and "The TW" has manage to stay in the barn,is setup for adventure with Happy Trail racks and Aluminum cases,nex month I be doing a big loop around The Ozarks. Well I go ride now!!! and you have fun!!!!

Welcome to the club. Now you have to find a TW for your wife. This is s great forum. Enjoy your new you.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by n2o2diver View Post
    Welcome to the club. Now you have to find a TW for your wife. This is s great forum. Enjoy your new you.
    Welcome as a poster. I envy you having a riding partner - my wife was brainwashed against bikes by her parents - sigh . . . Nice find on that T-Dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Flingwing View Post
    Welcome as a poster. I envy you having a riding partner - my wife was brainwashed against bikes by her parents - sigh . . . Nice find on that T-Dub.

She's pretty cool. She never even gripes when I buy a new bike for the stable. Of course... now that she has the Bonneville America, it gets more compliments than my cafe racer does at gas stops. So she's pretty happy with her bike too.

Hello and welcome.Congrats on a great price on a greatlooking condition Tdub!

Welcome and congrats on the bike. That's a great find.

There's a Triumph/Yamaha/Suzuki dealer in the city. Whenever we go, I try and find time to throw my leg over a Triumph Bonneville they have in the showroom. There's something about that bike that keeps drawing me back.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by retmotor View Post
    Welcome and congrats on the bike. That's a great find.

There's a Triumph/Yamaha/Suzuki dealer in the city. Whenever we go, I try and find time to throw my leg over a Triumph Bonneville they have in the showroom. There's something about that bike that keeps drawing me back.
    Maybe it's their logo?

^ Laughing... Yeah, that'd do it.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

That carb job sounds like a plan...nice.

BTW...what kind of game was Bama playing yesterday...tiddlywinks...or badminton???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links