2018. The Official Year of No More Tenting!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 2018. The Official Year of No More Tenting!

2018. The Official Year of No More Tenting!

It's in the works for me. The RV lifestyle. I now know what I want and with a little luck, I'll have it.
    https://www.travelandrvcanada.com/in...ic-19G-18485A/
    I say that because I though the deal was done but it aint. Found it a few days ago and was negotiating with the salesman and it looked like we were good to go till the manager nixed it. Went like this. I asked if they take auto trade ins. Yep. He got me a price for my 2016 Cherokee at $23000 which was a grand above two other offers so I said yes. Got them to come down a grand on the overall price so that was good. From the get go I had explained that where I live I could neither get up the driveway or park it here during the winter months. Snow clearing issues. So we negotiated to have them store it for me for a couple of months and I would lay down a deposit and drive down in a couple of months and do the deal. Sounds great. Until the manager called me back and said they could not do that. It was the car now or no deal.
    So, here I sit. Waiting. Hoping it is still there in a couple of months. The Thor Majestic 19 is exactly what I want with the side table/bunk and kitchen at the rear. Even comes with a hitch to sling the Tdub. The 19s are pretty rare though with Cruise Canada selling off a few with higher mileage that this one. And they stopped making the shorty.
    So may see you all in thwe spring or maybe the fall but fer sure tenting is a thing of the past.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Man, I like it!! I hope it works out for you.
    Ken likes this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Very nice Doug, hope it pans out.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Love it. What’s the plan for sleep, up above the cab or on the dinette? Is tha bed above long enough for a tall fella?

I like the size and lay out of that rv, I hope you can make the deal work. Why not trade in the Cherokee now and just ride your TW full time? It's not that cold or snowy, right??

Nice Rig...and the Idea of NO TENT SLEEPING is in line with my future plans....I've discovered over the past few years that the Nitro works very well for me...plenty of room to sleep, meanwhile I do "tent"...using it as a place to keep the gear and food stuff, beer, etc....
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Nice rig. We thought that was a nice size. We've been roughing it for years so I know you'll enjoy yours...when that day arrives. Good luck.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

well, if it gets snapped up Ill be looking for another one. They are as rare as hens teeth. There are other (Adventure) 20 footers around but they all seem to have a squeeze in the back table that I don't like so much. 2015 | Adventurer Adventurer 19RD - Class C Motorhomes Newer and less mileage so it could be a tradeoff. Gotta love this one tho. And as for sleep, I might be using using the floor one with night time pee routine and all that comes with age. Unless over cab is an easy step down. length is no probs for me.
    Last edited by Motoad; 01-08-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Very nice! There sure are a lot of different RV's out there to chose from. Can find some barely used ones for about half price if you look. Our last tenting experience was on the west coast. Woke up to wet tent (from marine layer). Cold at nite. The GF didn't like getting up in the middle of night to find bathroom. We got a small trailer and love it! Best part? bathroom! Gf even uses it while were on the road. Beats looking for some place and wasting travel time.
    grewen likes this.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Another deal fell thru. This one had me flying out of here in a couple of months to pick up a 21 footer on Vancouver Island. But a very honest salesman called up to the location and asked for details to be told 'I wouldn't buy it'. Roof leaks and all is soggy. lol. I'm gonna wait for spring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links