ProCycle compared to Rocky Mountain
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: ProCycle compared to Rocky Mountain

ProCycle compared to Rocky Mountain

I was ordering a new rear tire this morning (I normally go to ProCycle) and when I was checking out they wanted $34 for shipping so I decided to search for free shipping and maybe a little better price. I ran across Rockey Mountain's web site and found the difference to be shocking, ProCycle wanted $207 plus $34 shipping for a total $241 compared to Rockey Mountain at $158 with free shipping. Needless to say I went with Rockey Mountain, I placed my order and got shipping confirmation within an hour.

This is what I ordered and what I am comparing:

TW34 Rear Tire
    Tube
    Wheel Bearings/Seal (balls out)
    Handlebar Grips.

Pays to shop around, I don't mind paying a little more for good service (and I have always got good service from ProCycle), but the pricing wasn't even close.

Chip.

99% of my TW/XT parts purchases are at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. You found out why. Plus, I usually get my parts from them the next day. I'd like to think it's because I'm special but it could be another reason. Let me dream. However, I do order some things from Procycle so don't discount them completely.

Plus, my son order a rear tire before Moab last year and we picked it up on the way down there. Saved shipping and they had it ready to go for him when he showed up.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Kris, what is their store like? is it huge, i've thought of stopping in and doing some impulse shopping when we go through that area. i'm sure happy with their service and prices, i wish they had the menu that Procycle has
    jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    Kris, what is their store like? is it huge, i've thought of stopping in and doing some impulse shopping when we go through that area. i'm sure happy with their service and prices, i wish they had the menu that Procycle has
    The customer area is not as big as you would think but the warehouse area makes it look pretty big. https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...DGMQoioIiQEwCg

There was a place in Boise that was similar. Very popular online and when I stopped in person I was taken back how small the in shopping area was. I had to pee and since the pisser was in the warehouse I got to see it. It was large also but not as big as RM. I can't remember for sure but I think it was Happy Trails or something like that. They either went out of business or just closed in person shopping. They were online for a while but I haven't checked in years to see if they still area.

Edit: I guess Happy Trails is still in business. They are in a different location from when I visited the place several years ago. Happy-Trail.com Adventure Motorcycle Gear

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...CjUQoioIlQEwDw
    Last edited by admiral; 01-16-2018 at 02:14 PM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

hard to beat Rocky Mountain on tires I bought several this week as I recall free shipping over $80 and they ship fast

they do screw up on their stated inventory I've had them back out on several killer deals saying their inventory was inaccurate
    littletommy likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Grewen, they have a pretty good menu. When you type in the year make and model it will give you all available items for that bike. I like that they have my bikes listed each time I log on. I'm not sure if I would rather hit the lottery or just get back the money I have spent at Rocky Mountain. Like Kris said, insanely fast shipping.
    littletommy and grewen like this.

In Canada I think fortnine.ca has them both beat. Free shipping on orders over 49$ and I get my orders in 4 days.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they want to match your vehicle all the time so you don't have an option to add to cart until you select a make and model.

Edit...they don't have a lot specific to TW but lots of universal stuff.
    Last edited by Trail Woman; 01-16-2018 at 05:35 PM.
    littletommy likes this.

In fairness to ProCycle, they are a much smaller company. Shipping costs with UPS/FedEx are negotiated depending on the volume you ship. Rocky Mtn will have FAR lower shipping costs than ProCycle, and they use that to their advantage.
    ProCycle has made an effort to support the TW200 and has a lot of product that is not available from any other source. That is where they shine.
    Otherwise, Rocky Mtn has great prices and service for a large company. I buy specialty products (suspension parts, etc) from ProCycle.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

This is a quandary.
    When ProCycle offers items it has developed, or offers parts we are sure to fit the TW and not readily available from other sources their prices seem justified.
    Otherwise when they are just re-marketing widely available parts ProCycle's mark-ups do seem somewhat questionable.
    For example I would be more willing to help them recoup R&D investments in the products like what Mr.Bbracket has developed for them in the past if their were just more of them, specifically something like a TM-28 pumper carb kit they toyed with. Their suspension parts are a blessing.
    Unfortunately so often I feel I have to vote with my wallet over loyalty to an sometimes seemingly uncompetitive American firm.
    Maybe with newly reduced corporate taxes here retail prices can be somewhat relaxed thus further stimulating increases in sales volume and increased profitability while simultaneously satisfying customer demand. You know, that whole Republican trickle down economy thing. It seems to be working rather well in most sectors of our economy so far.
    Or we could impeach Trump, raise the minimum wage significantly so that ProCycle's last remains employee who makes and sells hopefully at least ten $1,000 springs a year in order to pay the taxes for welfare payments for all his fired fellow employees. Which makes more sense?
    Last edited by Fred; 01-16-2018 at 07:03 PM.
    Ken, maddawgj, Gulfrider and 2 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodetrip View Post
    In fairness to ProCycle, they are a much smaller company. Shipping costs with UPS/FedEx are negotiated depending on the volume you ship. Rocky Mtn will have FAR lower shipping costs than ProCycle, and they use that to their advantage.ProCycle has made an effort to support the TW200 and has a lot of product that is not available from any other source. That is where they shine.Otherwise, Rocky Mtn has great prices and service for a large company. I buy specialty products (suspension parts, etc) from ProCycle.
    I 100% agree with you and I love the guys at ProCycle, HOWEVER I just cannot justify ordering from them anymore. Their prices are way way over what others are charging and they ship when they ship. The shipping cost is bad enough but add in the week plus to receive (when free 2 day shipping is available everywhere else) and there is just no way that I can justify paying 160% + shipping + a week wait. I constantly go to their site to try to order from them to keep them going but I cannot afford to waste money like that. I would love to support them and keep them going but I work way to hard for way to little to pay almost double for the same thing.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links