Parts Ordering Recommendations
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What are the best place to order parts? I feel like I have been shooting in the dark, hit and miss, when ordering parts online. I have been getting some items like oil filters, spark plugs, and headlight bulbs from vendors on EBay. I have also ordered air filters, screws, carb gaskets from different shops around the country, some good experiences and others not so good. Right now I am looking for a "Pilot Box, Upper", the dummy indicator light cover for my 2008. I saw an Ad from OEM Cycle, price seems fair at about $32, but have no idea their service and reputation. Anyone have suggestions on where to buy items like these that cannot be found on EBay? How about certain EBay vendors? Thanks.

-Don

I'd like some ideas on this as well.

There really is no easy way around parts shopping online. What I do is start making a list of the items I need and items I want. Then go to three to five different websites and start pricing everything out. You will often actually have to 'checkout' to see what they are going to charge for shipping, that is usually the deal breaker. Sometimes I will just add a part I want, not really need, to push the order over a price threshold to get free shipping. Usually but not always ordering online can be cheaper if you don't have to pay taxes and can get reasonable shipping. My local dealership is run by a bunch of @#$#% heads and I won't do business with them, but always try to support local stores if I can. Sorry guys, you just gotta do your homework to get good deals. I typically start by looking at sites like stadiumyamaha.com motorcycle-superstore.com powersportsplus.com compacc.com boats.net (yes they sell bike parts)

I'm sure other members can add to the endless list of parts suppliers.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bullspit View Post
    I'd like some ideas on this as well.

I've used the usual suspects. Dennis Kirk, Rocky Mountain. For my Yamaha needs, I really like PowersportsPlus.com. They consistently have the best price, don't gouge you on shipping, usually have the parts in stock, and offer genuine Yamaha. Stadium Yamaha is my second choice, but they are higher priced. Stadium Yamaha has prices closer to what my local dealers offer. Would not surprised me to find the dealers were getting their items from PowersportsPlus like I do. PowersportsPlus can be slow getting the item shipped out (I placed my last order Friday, Monday was a holiday so it actually shipped Tuesday, and I hope to get it Friday).

For more generic / universal stuff, I'm fond of the i5motorcycle store on eBay.
    Huntsville, Alabama - Have TW, Will Ride! All White 09 TW, D2Moto Pegs, Bridgestone 302 front tire, 2" higher bars, 3/4" fork preload spacer, 5wt Honda fork oil, 135mm fork oil level, exhaust tip mod, 2.5 turns out fuel mixture, 0.060 in needle shims, 130 main jet, 14/47 sprockets, 20w-50 Valvoline MC full synthetic oil, ImmixRacing rear rack, Bilt Bag on Rack, 1" front fender spacers, Battery Tender connections on new battery (installed 12/11), Coleman ATV seat cushion, 2 Agri Supply tool tubes, 30oz MSR Fuel Bottle, auxiliary 6 LED tail light, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H4 headlight bulb, 2357 turn signals, and Superbright's 1157 LED Motorcycle Tail Light Bulb with 19 red & 6 white LEDs. Shortened rear turn signals. Bypassed kickstand switch.

Plus a "new to me" 1995 Yamaha Virago XV 750G for Pavement Purposes!!

No doubt, PowersportsPlus. I order from the every week for various bikes I'm restoring in my shop. I see people recommend Rocky Mountain ATV a lot. They are awesome for aftermarket stuff but are about 30 percent higher on OEM parts than Powersports Plus is.

For aftermarket, no one beats Dennis Kirk.

Good thread.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

2008 TDUB

I have been looking at the above link but have no direct experience with them yet.
    2008 TDUB

Those that don't search for past threads are doomed to repeat them over and over and over

There are about 74ish posts on this board about where to get parts Every one of my 500 some posts has a sig at the bottom that shows how to search this site.

Do not use the search box on this site, it's far from perfect. What do you want from a free message board anyway?

There is tons of great info in here and since everything can't be pinned.............. This board has been online for quite awhile so just assume someone else has asked your question before and find it. Don't hesitate to bring a ancient thread back to life.

Anyone know a source for custom Japanese parts in San Francisco ..

Another board I belong to has a tech index table. It makes finding things sooooo easy.. Someone just has to find the time and knowledge to pull it off here.

http://toyotavanpeop....php?f=2&t=5264

You just scroll down to what you want to find and click.

Rich, maybe it's another "just me" thing, but when I search the forum as your link suggests I only get hits from the old board. I have to specifically search the sub-forum, i.e. site:tw200forum.com/index.php?/forum/4-general-discussion/ "how to search". Perhaps others have this issue as well.

It looks like we were due for another where to buy parts thread anyway. For giggles I just searched through all those links for procycle and received no hits.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links