• 1 Post By joeband
  • 1 Post By Miaugi
  • 2 Post By nihil
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By nihil
  • 1 Post By DougDotyTW200

Thread: FNG intro

FNG intro

Hi, my name is nihil, and I'm an addict. I just picked up an `09 TW with just over 900mi on the clock to support a lengthy, expensive, and thoroughly enjoyable habit that revolves around things with motors in them.

It's pretty much stock, and even still has a bit of that new bike smell. It was re-jetted by the previous owner, but other than that appears to be completely untouched. I'll be picking up an o-ring chain, and maybe a +1 front sprocket. Also interested in adding kick start.

Primary use will be puttering around town, mild trail, and keeping me from getting bored.

Any setup tips for taller riders with a bit of gravity in them?

Welcome to the addiction Nihil!

You can add bar risers or taller bars like the ProTaper ATV Hi bend. You should be able to add 2-3" without having to get longer clutch/throttle cables or brake line.

Brian

Bigger pegs might help too, since your taller a larger foot print don't fit too good on those mini bike pegs they come with.
    littletommy likes this.
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

welcome!
    check out the "25 steps" link in my signature and there's a handful of bikes with people's stories of the journey to their mods. lots of ideas.

enjoy it!
    littletommy likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Welcome from Canada....aka; the Great White North!
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Thanks all for the welcome. Just got back from the DMV and it's official now that the paperwork is sorted, for once.

To elaborate, this is my 4th attempt to buy a TW:

- #1, the girl had co-signed for her then ex-boyfriend, still owed on it, and had no idea she had to pay the bank before she could sell it. Not stupid or malicious, just very naive.

- #2 got sold out from under me and the guy tried to keep the deposit I gave him. That didn't work out very well for him.

- #3 was being sold by the cousin of the owner, and as it was an out of state (20 minutes east) title, the DMV refused until the owner provided a signature, which was difficult since he was in a sandy place halfway across the planet doing other things.

- #4 is now mine, and honestly it's the best of the bunch anyway. Very low miles, not a scratch on it, and the price was reasonable for both parties.

I'm already adding more things to my to-do list, but that's the price I pay for being me I suppose.

#2 solution to getting your deposit back...

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    Thanks all for the welcome. Just got back from the DMV and it's official now that the paperwork is sorted, for once.

To elaborate, this is my 4th attempt to buy a TW:

- #1, the girl had co-signed for her then ex-boyfriend, still owed on it, and had no idea she had to pay the bank before she could sell it. Not stupid or malicious, just very naive.

- #2 got sold out from under me and the guy tried to keep the deposit I gave him. That didn't work out very well for him.

- #3 was being sold by the cousin of the owner, and as it was an out of state (20 minutes east) title, the DMV refused until the owner provided a signature, which was difficult since he was in a sandy place halfway across the planet doing other things.

- #4 is now mine, and honestly it's the best of the bunch anyway. Very low miles, not a scratch on it, and the price was reasonable for both parties.

I'm already adding more things to my to-do list, but that's the price I pay for being me I suppose.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    #2 solution to getting your deposit back...
    Yes something along those lines

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Welcome!!
    Thanks!

Nabbed mine today as well and done the dmv thing and took a quick spin before dark, supposed to be rain and cold all weekend so maybe an oil change is in order to begin our relationship.
    littletommy likes this.

Sponosred Links