Carrying case?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrying case?

New rider, just got a 2010 with 850 miles on it.

Anywho, looking for some storage, I have a rack on the back, but I am looking for a carrying case for the back? Any suggestions? Website links? Please help, because I need to find something soon.

Thanks
    2010 TW - Easton bars & clamps, cyclerack (black), jimbo shield, acerbis steel gaurds, atv seat pad, custom skid plat, more upgrades soon

Welcome to the club.

Here are some options that other users on the forums have put together.

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...uggage-system/

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...n-luggage-box/

https://tw200forum.com/forums/2/66635/ShowPost.aspx

Also, depending on the manufacturer of the rack you have, you may have other options. Unfortunately Cycleracks.com is down at the moment. But the racks they make have soft luggage attachments, there are also other companies that do this.

I am sure there are many others if you poke around the forums some, I also remember seeing a soft bag that was a military surplus someone used recently, can't seem to find the thread now though.
    -Szj

2001 TW

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum. As SZJ posted, there are many options. I've been looking at a Pelican case but I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money. I forget the model number but it's dimensions are around 12"x14"x22". That seems to be a good size for a large hard box, but you're looking at around $200, even for used, damaged ones on ebay.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Guess that depends on how much u need to carry

regarding price, pelican has a cheaper line (storm) that works well, I got mine used off Ebay and craigslist.

Here's a Pelican/Storm IM 2200 mounted on a Cyclerack on my TW.

Jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Anything smaller or slimmer?
    2010 TW - Easton bars & clamps, cyclerack (black), jimbo shield, acerbis steel gaurds, atv seat pad, custom skid plat, more upgrades soon

Honestly I have been looking for a bag or trunk that fits on the cyclerack without encroaching onto the seat. It has been over a year now with no luck. I will continue to search and will be sure to post it when I finally do find something that works. I am looking for something that fits the cyclerack perfectly. 18" wide, 10.5" long and something that will collapse from 18" down to 10" or so. I can dream can't I!?
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Woodward, you could look at regular motorcycle trunks. I know some guys have them. I'm not sure they hold up all that well off-road and I believe that's probably why more guys don't have them. Perform an Internet search for "motorcycle trunk" and you will get hits of this type. Any hard case or any soft bag will do. You may even want a tail bag. It just depends on what you want -- what you need it for / what you will carry in it / how secure you want it to be / whether or not you want it to come on and off the bike quick and easy / how you want it to look, and the big one -- how much do you want to pay. If you can give us more specifics, we may be able to give you some further insight.

PSC, I'm right there with you. I decided it would be impossible to find the case with the perfect dimensions so I decided when it comes time, I'll cut and turn that rear bar (as has been posted here) so I can mount the case further back.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

We have these cases at work that we keep GPS's and radios in. They look like Pelican cases to me but they say Doskocil on them.

They seem bomb proof and look like they would fit on a TW rack. I will try them on mine tomorrow and get some pictures. I don't know anything about them but they seem high quality.

Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links