TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Funny Craigs List TW200 Add

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  RTG 
#1 ·
I always scan the local CL looking for TW's, just for fun and I came across this one, and I relized I just had to share this one with the group.

Advertised as Stock.....

l've sold stuff on Craigs for years and never had a problem and most everyone I've met has been legit, and very nice. I'm sure there are horror stories though, I can just imagine...

Well, take a look at this "STOCK" bike:

IMG_1509 by Richard Todd Giordanella, on Flickr

Pretty Funny and kinda Not Funny at the same time.

See less See more
#5 ·
That is funny. Maybe this guy is a throwback to the original hot-rod or jalopy days after WW2. People were adding stuff to and chopping stuff off of cars all over the place. The main difference between stock and modified was whether or not the engine had been molested.

Then the NHRA(drag racing) got involved and came up with many different categories other than the engine to fit a non-stock vehicle.

The goofiest part was when Bill France and others started the fore-runner of NASCAR. The acronym NASCAR means National Ass'n for Stock Car Auto Racing, which is laughable. You have to look hard to find anything stock on those cars. The bodies must bear a resemblance to a stock car and some measurements must match but neither it nor the engine, frame, transmission nor brakes are production items.

Not that anyone really cares until somebody comes up with something goofy like that bike and calls it stock.

#6 ·
Haha!

I just thought it was funny, that anyone with a general knowledge of motorcycles can easily tell that the suspension has been tinkered around with....

Everyone one has there own idea of what "stock" is I guess.

Just for fun: How about a bike that has been totally been taken appart and re assembled, using all the original parts etc? Would that be considered stock?

#7 ·
Yeah, that would still be considered stock. There is another category within the "stock" definition that is even weirder. It is "blueprinting".

Regular production vehicles are manufactured to a certain list of specifications. Production techniques are not completely precise, so there are minor variances from those specs.

Someone looking for the slightest edge on performance will take a production engine, for instance and not only completely disassemble it, but will swap out parts, weighing everything carefully and making sure that every part which will go back in the engine is lighter, smoother, better polished, etc, while still being within specs. When re-assembled, that "blueprinted" engine will be smoother and make more power.

It's still "stock."

#10 ·
That AMC V-8 was very under-rated. Back in the 60s I had a Jeep pickup which came with a horribly weak inline six cylinder engine. It was rated at 140hp and probably produced a lot less.

I liked the truck, but it was limited by the engine. Jeep was an AMC product, so I found an AMC 327ci out of an AMC Ambassador. Same basic engine as yours. It was rated at a conservative 270hp.

I kept that truck for years; took it to Alaska twice. Once with a cab-over camper and once towing a trailer. Great engine.

#11 ·
Thats awesome Phantom,

I've always wanted to build up a CJ so I recently got a really poor shape 89 Wagoneer and pulled the 360 right out and sold the rest off etc. After I build up the 360, plans are to drop it into a nice CJ-7, frame off. Right now I have it down to the block, and going to build it up step by step into a nice mild torque monster! I can almost hear that lumpy idle right now..... Sigh.

#14 ·
Well, I've been thinking I'd like to run a Tremec T176 on some Dana 60's.

Honestly though, This is SO far off in the distance, I've been so busy, Haven't even had the time to wrench on the TW project I have waiting for me to finish up...

And, I don't wanna start too many projects at once and get over loaded.. Haha!

But, sure is nice to think about it all, and I already have the 360 all stripped down ready to roll when the time comes....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.