Funny Craigs List TW200 Add
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I always scan the local CL looking for TW's, just for fun and I came across this one, and I relized I just had to share this one with the group.

Advertised as Stock.....

l've sold stuff on Craigs for years and never had a problem and most everyone I've met has been legit, and very nice. I'm sure there are horror stories though, I can just imagine...

Well, take a look at this "STOCK" bike:

IMG_1509 by Richard Todd Giordanella, on Flickr

Pretty Funny and kinda Not Funny at the same time.
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

Ha. Looks higher than my Blaster shock was. He steal a King coilover off Robby Gordon's desert truck?
    Those who forge their swords into plows, will plow for those who do not.

I saw an ad in a newpaper for a 3 wheeler once that said "runs great.....needs motor.". Thats was a funny one.
    2008 TDUB

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Am I missing something other than the raised rear end and a flat tire?
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

That is funny. Maybe this guy is a throwback to the original hot-rod or jalopy days after WW2. People were adding stuff to and chopping stuff off of cars all over the place. The main difference between stock and modified was whether or not the engine had been molested.

Then the NHRA(drag racing) got involved and came up with many different categories other than the engine to fit a non-stock vehicle.

The goofiest part was when Bill France and others started the fore-runner of NASCAR. The acronym NASCAR means National Ass'n for Stock Car Auto Racing, which is laughable. You have to look hard to find anything stock on those cars. The bodies must bear a resemblance to a stock car and some measurements must match but neither it nor the engine, frame, transmission nor brakes are production items.

Not that anyone really cares until somebody comes up with something goofy like that bike and calls it stock.

Haha!

I just thought it was funny, that anyone with a general knowledge of motorcycles can easily tell that the suspension has been tinkered around with....

Everyone one has there own idea of what "stock" is I guess.

Just for fun: How about a bike that has been totally been taken appart and re assembled, using all the original parts etc? Would that be considered stock?
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

Yeah, that would still be considered stock. There is another category within the "stock" definition that is even weirder. It is "blueprinting".

Regular production vehicles are manufactured to a certain list of specifications. Production techniques are not completely precise, so there are minor variances from those specs.

Someone looking for the slightest edge on performance will take a production engine, for instance and not only completely disassemble it, but will swap out parts, weighing everything carefully and making sure that every part which will go back in the engine is lighter, smoother, better polished, etc, while still being within specs. When re-assembled, that "blueprinted" engine will be smoother and make more power.

It's still "stock."

Kind of reminds me of a stink bug.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

I should blueprint the AMC 360 I'm rebuilding! Man, that would be SO sweet!

That AMC V-8 was very under-rated. Back in the 60s I had a Jeep pickup which came with a horribly weak inline six cylinder engine. It was rated at 140hp and probably produced a lot less.

I liked the truck, but it was limited by the engine. Jeep was an AMC product, so I found an AMC 327ci out of an AMC Ambassador. Same basic engine as yours. It was rated at a conservative 270hp.

I kept that truck for years; took it to Alaska twice. Once with a cab-over camper and once towing a trailer. Great engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links