She’s Alive!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: She’s Alive!

She’s Alive!

Wuth the exception of the speedometer that’s due to arrive any day now, the final step was to change the oil and filters.

I was a little surprised at the amount of metal and junk I foumd til I remembered that the machine only has 78 miles on it!

So, after the oil change, I cranked her up and she purrrrrred.

It’s raining today so I couldn’t do more than ride around the garage.

The first dry day, Pt Washington State Forest here I come...

8000F632-C579-429C-B271-6A355C053542.jpegCC691E78-B296-4CF3-8BAE-AC70734711BB.jpegA15A12AA-28E9-4152-B443-87719F094140.jpeg

Change the oil often for the first couple thousand miles. You'll get less and less junk in the filter. This will greatly extend the overall life of the engine.
    TopPredator likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Change the oil often for the first couple thousand miles. You'll get less and less junk in the filter. This will greatly extend the overall life of the engine.
    50mi---100mi----300mi---600mi---1000mi. then every 1000 miles depending on your terrain you have been riding.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I was also shocked to see metal in my filter the first time I changed the oil. I had bought a used 2006 with 2500 miles and I thought the motor must be failing. 12000 miles and still ticking.
    goldenhtr and littletommy like this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

That's what I usually recommend but I would do it at 1500 too, then at every thousand miles. Oil is cheap, engines are not...
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhtr View Post
    50mi---100mi----300mi---600mi---1000mi. then every 1000 miles depending on your terrain you have been riding.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Usually clutch material, same as the other single cyclinder wet clutch Yamahas I have owned. I change my oil every 500 miles and use Bel Ray Synthetic Blend. it's still very cheap compared to the alternative.
    littletommy and grewen like this.
    2002 TW200 "The Punisher"
    1998 DR350r
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

I thought synthetic oil was a no-no!

Anyone else have experience with a synthetic?
    littletommy likes this.

Many of us have used synthetic oil. Do your 2,000 mile break in first, then change over to it. Mobil One 4t racing oil is great stuff. They shift easier with synthetic too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjmay View Post
    I thought synthetic oil was a no-no!

Anyone else have experience with a synthetic?
    grewen, Fred and Spawner like this.

I have tried several different oils including Mobil 1 4t full synthetic. Bel Ray synthetic blend just seems to keep the shifting smooth and consistent longer than anything else I tried. It seems impossible to me, but I definitely notice a difference, especially compared to Rotella, so many many users find excellent. So, as with most other things, your experience may vary! Yamalube dino is very good too btw. Some of it depends on what's available locally.
    2002 TW200 "The Punisher"
    1998 DR350r
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

I switched to Belray Syn in a VMAX years ago and it was amazing how much better it shifted and it seems like I remember the idle going up slightly, is that possible ?? I remember for sure the dealer telling me it would !!
    littletommy likes this.
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links