TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

information please

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  flingwing1969 
#1 ·
I have my first tw200....its a 2012....i am planning a 3hr ride this tuesday....typical speed will be 55-60....should i stop occasionally to give the motor a break? At this speed it sounds like it is wound pretty tight and is red lining according to the speedometer....like i said...my first bike...so...information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and God Bless!!

#9 ·
The red line on the speedometer is not the engines redline. It is cautionary from when the speed limits used to be no higher than 55. You'll have a hard time keeping it at redline if you get there at around 78mph stock. Ride on! And do what bullspit said if you haven't already.

#10 ·
Ditto. If it's been broken in per procedure change the oil and let 'r rip.

A couple of us ran ours at highway speeds continuously for 22 hours recently. They can hang.

#11 ·
im good to go then!! thanks for all yall's input! I love this thing so far....just havent figured out how to handle it on steep grades with lots of fist size rocks and dry dirt yet...lol....bogged it down 2 times last week in first gear....that was a lil disappointing....any recommendations on that one?

Thanks Again and God bless

#14 ·
I used to hunt and peck my way through the rocks. I would get tired and then I'd get stuck. Finally I just got mad and pointed the bike and hit the gas. The TW made it fine. Now I just point and shoot so to speak. I aim the tire, lean forward or stand up, and hit the gas.

#16 ·
If I'm strictly offroad, I run 12. It works great for all conditions. The rear tire is pretty stiff and the front tire...well, I seriously hope you aren't running the stock front tire, can be run down that low too. I'd go 16-18 if you are doing a true dual sport ride. At least thats what I do. Feel free to adjust the pressure. You may find something that works better for you. Don't be afraid to go low. You'll experience better traction and a better ride. Oh, and if you are doing some major offroad riding, get rid of that stock front tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.