• 1 Post By littletommy
  • 3 Post By NACA98
  • 2 Post By Miaugi
  • 4 Post By jtomelliott49
  • 2 Post By admiral

Thread: Introduction and Close Call

Introduction and Close Call

Good Afternoon,

I'm not new to the forum but I rarely post. Soo I wanted to introduce myself.

After a couple seasons of riding, I wanted to extend my riding season into the winter months. Dual sport motorcycles seemed to be a common suggestion. As soon as I checked out Yamaha's line up, the TW grabbed my attention. These bikes are not popular in my surrounding area soo I ended up buying a new leftover 2014 model. Never grew up with dirt bikes or atvs, soo this was a new experience. This bike changed riding for me.

My larger bikes (sport touring and UJM) didn't get used much that season soo they found new homes.

Due to accepting a new job last year, my daily commute changed quite a bite. Avoiding the highway doubles my commute time. Love my TW but it's not a good bike for 100kmh highways. A few weeks ago, my TW go a new stable mate; a 2012 DR650SE.

Didn't want to go back to insuring multiple bikes (Ontario insurance rates are gnarly lol) soo I reluctantly posted my TW for sale. Since these are not popular bikes around my area, used selection is slim and bike sold in a few days (buyer lived 10 hours away soo he sent a small deposit to hold the bike)....Luckily for me, the buyer backed out after a few days . Don't blame him, I was confused why he was willing to drive 10 hours each way.

Anyways, I'm still a TW200 owner. Ordered some new upgrades soo I don't get anymore crazy ideas lol.

Rarely, I guess so, this is your first post. haha

Welcome to the forum!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NACA98 View Post
    Good Afternoon,

After a couple seasons of riding, I wanted to extend my riding season into the winter months. Dual sport motorcycles seemed to be a common suggestion. As soon as I checked out Yamaha's line up, the TW grabbed my attention. These bikes are not popular in my surrounding area soo I ended up buying a new leftover 2014 model. Never grew up with dirt bikes or atvs, soo this was a new experience. This bike changed riding for me.

My larger bikes (sport touring and UJM) didn't get used much that season soo they found new homes.

Due to accepting a new job last year, my daily commute changed quite a bite. Avoiding the highway doubles my commute time. Love my TW but it's not a good bike for 100kmh highways. A few weeks ago, my TW go a new stable mate; a 2012 DR650SE.

Didn't want to go back to insuring multiple bikes (Ontario insurance rates are gnarly lol) soo I reluctantly posted my TW for sale. Since these are not popular bikes around my area, used selection is slim and bike sold in a few days (buyer lived 10 hours away soo he sent a small deposit to hold the bike)....Luckily for me, the buyer backed out after a few days . Don't blame him, I was confused why he was willing to drive 10 hours each way.

Anyways, I'm still a TW200 owner. Ordered some new upgrades soo I don't get anymore crazy ideas lol.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Ahaha second post. First post was my classified ad for my bike. Long time creeper though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Nice to meet a fellow Ontarioan, welcome from Alfred, ON near the Quebec border!
    jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

I drove about 1100 miles from Wichita, KS to Tucson, AZ to buy one of my TW's. Ulterior motive was to visit my brother whom I hadn't seen in about five years. Ended up buying an older Dodge Caravan to bring it home in. Worked the trick. I think about an 18 hour drive each way. All I had to do to make the TW fit in the minivan was to remove the mirrors.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Keep the TW,
    it's good for avoiding street gangs. bears.jpg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Keep the TW,
    it's good for avoiding street gangs. bears.jpg
    Haha

That's the plan. Re sale isn't the greatest on this thing especially with higher mileage (15000km) than most for sale in Ontario. The going rate seems to be the same whether it's a 2007 or a 2014.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NACA98 View Post
    Good Afternoon,

Neat story and glad it had a happy ending.

I recently drove 8 hours each way to pick up a TW for someone else! I have my own but it was a nice trip.
    littletommy and Bmgm37 like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links