What is this bike worth......
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: What is this bike worth......

What is this bike worth......

I have a chance to pick up the attached 1997 Kawasaki KLR 650 in mint condition for $1500 cdn. It doesn't appear to have been offroad and is squeaky clean! The only reason that I am hesitant is that I don't really want to insure 3 bikes........and would likely never ride it.....but then again............

IMG_6699.JPG
    Xracer, Elvesus and Gulfrider like this.
    putt-putt

Looks nice and clean. Seems like a great price too. How many miles on it? Did the previous owner mention at all if the DooHickey was fixed on it?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

In a few years you could put collector plates on it if it is in pristine condition, which would save a lot in insurance.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by putt-putt View Post
    I have a chance to pick up the attached 1997 Kawasaki KLR 650 in mint condition for $1500 cdn. It doesn't appear to have been offroad and is squeaky clean! The only reason that I am hesitant is that I don't really want to insure 3 bikes........and would likely never ride it.....but then again............

IMG_6699.JPG
    I think the year is off because that sure looks a lot like the 2005 KLR650 that I used to have (but a little rougher). There is not much of a market for used KLR's here in the states as most have lived a pretty tough life as commuters or as entry level adventure bikes. I got mine in a trade and sold it because I never rode it.

2005 KLR650 004.jpg

That looks like a sweet deal. Personally I really try not to buy stuff I won't ride. Kept buying and fixing up vintage street bikes for a while but when I rode them they were no where close to my FZ6 so I would sell them. Oh wait .....ya ok I would buy that KLR and I think you should to putt-putt

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!

I got my 05 KLR for 2k with pelican cases and a bit o farkles.

The KLR is so nice to ride.

I would buy another in a heartbeat.
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by putt-putt View Post
    I have a chance to pick up the attached 1997 Kawasaki KLR 650 in mint condition for $1500 cdn. The only reason that I am hesitant is that I don't really want to insure 3 bikes........and would likely never ride it.....but then again.......
    Sounds like you weren't actually looking for one so let it go or you'll be saying "It's not what I wanted, but I got a good deal on it"
    Peterb and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

Is it on the island? Maybe I should take a look at it!
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

Buy a bike you'll never ride, why bother?
    Well, because you have posted it here and we're all supposed to talk you into it

If miles low and taken care of I think that's a great deal. I had a 2005 and it's one of those "regret selling bikes". Never used it off-road as really too heavy but was a great cruiser and commuter. Little bit of soft trails.
    In the picture the body panels almost look pink. UV has taken it's toll. If you are real patient and have a steady hand you can completely reverse that effect and make it look new with a good heat gun. Might have to sacrifice the graphics but you can get new ones cheap on-line.
    When they went to the new body style in (I think) 2007 the KLR lost a lot of its character and soul, at least to me. Just a cookie-cutter machine now. Still a great buy even new but soul-less. Also, I'm 6'2" and just barely could flatten my feet in the KLR stock configuration. Maybe something to consider though easy to lower if you need to.

I was running MEFO's front and rear on my 2005. Really made for an incredible ride. Stock seat is so-so for more than 3 hours of riding, kinda like the stock TW.
    IMG_1311.JPG

Thanks guys, I made up my mind to buy the bike last night only to find out half an hour ago that it is sold! It's not like me not to pull the trigger on the spot however, I wanted to do a wee bit of due diligence when I should have been going to the bank..........
    Even though I wasn't looking to purchase another bike, I'm still feeling bummed out.........
    Beautiful day out here so far so I am going to suit up and take putt-putt for a nice long ride along the ocean today! Might even take the camera today.

ps: I have to admit that I am feeling a wee bit better after seeong TWBrian's bike though, much nicer then the one I missed!
    putt-putt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links