Hello.....I think im an addict.....THANKS
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OK last monday i bought a used 1999 tw200, i had some problems and parts are on there way. The 2-3 miles i did get to ride was awesome. I plan to go through this bike with a fine tooth comb and fix eveything before it becomes a daily rider. So im jonesing to ride, and my atv just aint cutting it. So i found a second 2009 tw200 with about 4k in mileage. Told the wife I plan to get it as well and she didnt blink an eye. So unless i back out, or come to some sort of sense, ill have another tw200 ready to ride. So do i have a problem? PLus it will be nice to have 2 bikes so either the wife can ride with me, or friends, or my boys once they reach the age, 7/5 right now. But i see a small bike in their future as well.......

Hey, a man can never have too many motorcycles!

Still, if you're hankering for a new addition to the stable why not consider a different bike that would complement the TW? I know that there are a lot of members who find that the TW perfectly meets all aspects of their riding interests, but a lot of other members love their TWs for TW stuff and have other bikes for other stuff.

Of course, there's always the option of a nice reliable stock TW for regular riding, a second TW to get a little crazy with the modding and experimenting, AND other bikes for other stuff!
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Ive been thinking about this all weekend long...... now i need some help!!!!!!

If it were you, would you choose a 2009 with 4k miles, street tires and an extra set of knobbies for 2700? or a 2012 new on show room floor for 4100?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I would take the 09 in a heartbeat. If i was in the market again i would have bought a good used tw. I have a 2008 i bought new. Has 5500 miles. I only do oil changes and normal maintnence. I havent ever adjusted valves. Mine runs great and i ride it pretty hard on the road at times. 60-65 on hwy. Use the extra money for something else fun. Add some bling to the used one.
    2008 TDUB

I havent really priced used ones so i am assuming that price on a used one is reasonable?
    2008 TDUB

Quote Originally Posted by iowatdub View Post
    I havent really priced used ones so i am assuming that price on a used one is reasonable?
    From what i can see of the online value guides, the price for the 2009 average is 2950. Its a clean looking bike. The extra money saved would be nice. From what I have gathered, this bikes run "forever" if treated right. So im leaning towards the 2009, but its 2hrs away and the new one is 30mins. Waiting on the dealership to call me back before i make a final decision.

Easy 09'

Make him an offer of 2500 cash, see what he says and let him know you are traveling 2hrs to get there.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Well I went and did it. Now i have a 2009 TW. Got a nice little ride in this evening before having to go pickup the kids. I rode 17 miles and it performed as i expected. I had a smile on my face the entire time. Been about 4.5 years since I last rode a motorcycle. I could feel it all coming back. But still going to take some time before im truly confident. She topped out about 65 but i was able to stay with traffic in a 55mph zone up hill. This was the one spot that worried me and it handled it fine. I do see a sproket change in my future to a lower rear speoket to get a bit more topend and to make the first gear a bit more usable. 90% of the time it will be on the blacktop. Thanks Guys! Im wondering if someone from this site had owned it? Bought from a used dealer in Ft Walton. They said an older guy had it and traded it in on a xt250. Very clean bike, and has a jimbo shield i think? And try rear rack has been replaced by a wood piece. Why? i dont know? but it does look nice.

I prefer the term "aficionado".

Addicts go to meetings. Aficionados should go to meetings, but hey, it's Tuesday and if I don't ride my Tuesday bike the battery might go flat on me.....

Congrats on the new toy.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by kenfyoozed View Post
    OK last monday i bought a used 1999 tw200,

Quote Originally Posted by kenfyoozed View Post
    Well I went and did it. Now i have a 2009 TW.

CONGRATULATIONS X 2!

Now we need pictures of your harem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links