A bad fit
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bad fit

The TW is gone, it was just not my bike, I spent a lot of time fixing everthing to get it right, but there was just something lacking, that was power, and it always seemed like I was on a kiddy bike. When I went on rides I found I always had the throttle pinned, even around town to get the bike to move and at 70 MPH on the freeway, it was scarier, than my ST1300 at 125. I wanted to like the bike but it just didn't fit. I sold it for mor money than I paid for it, thank you TW, a first for me. I got a 96 Suzuki DR650 with only 9500 miles for $1900, wow what a great bike, I now shift from 4th to 5th at 80+ and can cruise all day long at 75 or 80. Great suspension and it seems almost as light as the TW, actually only 50 lbs more. With the left over money from the TW it will be soon a long distance travel machine. Adios, via con dios.

You certainly don't have to go just cuz you got a different bike. I'm pretty sure everyone here just loves bike, no matter what brand. Stick around.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

The DR 650 is a nice bike. I am looking at them myself. It works well for most of the stuff I do on the TW--black top, gravel, forest roads and two tracks. The edge goes to the TW in the sand though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The tw is a great farm bike. It gets me around my farm and property and short runs into town, but I would never try to use it for a highway bike or long distance hauler. I might go the DR route someday since I have property 230 miles north of me and it would be fun having a bike I could ride up there and then ride the property while there, but in reality it makes more sense for me to trailer the tw and 4 wheeler up so I can work on the trails and ride them.

Hi 805,

I saw your posts on the DR Forum. Welcome to the club.

I'm keeping my TW, but I know how you are feeling. I probably couldn't have the TW as my only bike. However, it's ideal for my slow-riding of forest service roads.

On the highway, or trying to keep up with larger bikes on the dirt, the extra horsepower of the DR is satisfying.

Being able to accelerate going up a steep hill, instead of going slower and slower, was a great feeling.

Enjoy your DR.

Jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Congrats on the new bike. I could see myself getting something like a DR as a second bike. I do love the TW but it does fall short on the highway.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

The TW200 isn't for everyone. People who think speed is the only thing shouldn't even consider the TW. People that think style is everything shouldn't consider the TW. People that think dependability and toughness are everything should buy a TW. I am on my tenth standard chain (never an o-ring chain), third set of tires, Second sprocket, and 20021st mile. Yes, I said 20,021 miles. The TW is the Hammer and the Road is the anvil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    The TW200 isn't for everyone. People who think speed is the only thing shouldn't even consider the TW. People that think style is everything shouldn't consider the TW. People that think dependability and toughness are everything should buy a TW. I am on my tenth standard chain (never an o-ring chain), third set of tires, Second sprocket, and 20021st mile. Yes, I said 20,021 miles. The TW is the Hammer and the Road is the anvil.

Good post. I am just curious; why haven't you tried an o-ring chain?

Can't help but think that had you changed your sprockets with the chain you wouldn't have gone through ten chains. But I guess it's cheaper to just replace your chain more often than changing out both. Nice job getting past 20k bro!
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

The Tw is a rocket compared to my old trail 90. This was all she had on the flat.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BPyAYNeauU[/media]

I just wish my RV90 is as fast as the CT 90.

But the RV is like a mini TW and they are much less common then the ct's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links