Found ours
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Found ours

Found ours

Long time rider, approaching old man status - and I've always admired the venerable tdub. I always found an excuse to get something else, and truthfully - it's probably not the proper bike for the majority of my rides. However, when my wife showed an interest in riding a few years back I thought of it again.

We started her on an old XT225, but truthfully - it was a piece o' crap. Got it for "free" in a trade for an equally crappy ATV. While she liked it OK, I got tired of working on it...and it just wasn't pretty. She deserved an upgrade.

So, with all that out of the way - I stumbled upon this peach over on ADV a couple months back. Screaming deal...a 2014 w/400 miles on it, $2600. Up here in the PNW, it's tough to find a ten year old beater for that much. It was located in Kansas, but even with shipping - still better than anything I could find locally.

Here's Billy. Lovely wife loves her new bike...and if I can stay off of it, maybe I'll let her ride it on occasion.

c1.staticflickr.jpg
    c1.staticflickr(1).jpg
    c1.staticflickr(2).jpg
    c1.staticflickr(3).jpg

That was a real good deal !! Welcome !!. Long time rider approaching old man describes me as well. TW is just my speed. Had lost interest in riding otherwise, fired up again. Enjoy the forum, wealth of knowledge here about these bikes. Already has the Jimbo windshield too, nice add on.
    Last edited by DougDotyTW200; 02-17-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

Sure seems well bought to me. Lucky girl. I would keep her on pavement until you find a replacement for the stock front tire. They are not forgiving off road. Congrats and cheers.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerflorida View Post
    Sure seems well bought to me. Lucky girl. I would keep her on pavement until you find a replacement for the stock front tire. They are not forgiving off road. Congrats and cheers.
    Yeah we're like a bunch of angry villagers to the stock tire for off road....whenever we see it the pitch forks come out.

I like to call it the "Judo Master".

Didn't I hear yours crashed you into a tree
    Last edited by DougDotyTW200; 02-17-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

My favorite color (other than the '90's teal, but no front disc back then). I'm jealous. CONGRATS!
    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."
    --Henry Ford

Appreciate the front tire advice - reading up on that now.

I've run the MT43 elsewhere, including front/rear on her old XT225 - excellent setup, especially for how and where we usually ride. I'm not familiar with the Shinko 241, but I'll consider that as well given the rave reviews here.

Bike came with larger pegs and the windscreen, otherwise totally stock. I discovered the awesomeness that is Moab a month back on my WRR, but unfortunately just had the one bike with us so I was riding solo. We'll be headed back there soon to ride together, likely tackling White Rim. The tiny tank will suffice for most of our rides, but a Manracks BBQ w/Rotopax will be on there before we depart. Can't wait...pics will come!

Thanks for the tips and warm welcome.

Welcome, and congratulations on the wife's new bike. Great deal.

Angry villagers is right! We are like the Harfields vs. the McCoys when it comes to OEM front tire loyalty. I just happen to be part of the trials tire loving mob. angry bart.jpg
    syspig, Elvesus and jtomelliott49 like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Welcome!! Shinko 241 or MT-43 should serve you well.
    Quote Originally Posted by syspig View Post
    Appreciate the front tire advice - reading up on that now.

I've run the MT43 elsewhere, including front/rear on her old XT225 - excellent setup, especially for how and where we usually ride. I'm not familiar with the Shinko 241, but I'll consider that as well given the rave reviews here.

Bike came with larger pegs and the windscreen, otherwise totally stock. I discovered the awesomeness that is Moab a month back on my WRR, but unfortunately just had the one bike with us so I was riding solo. We'll be headed back there soon to ride together, likely tackling White Rim. The tiny tank will suffice for most of our rides, but a Manracks BBQ w/Rotopax will be on there before we depart. Can't wait...pics will come!

Thanks for the tips and warm welcome.
    Elvesus and jtomelliott49 like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

The Shinko has a slightly rounder profile and is slightly cheaper....most of us wouldn't know the difference in a blind test..........uh, well maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea.

NICE FIND!!! Oh, and bark busters would be high on the list, but you probably already knew that.
    Last edited by RockyTFS; 02-17-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links