TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

New Member from across the pond saying hi and thanks...

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  pizzadude 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I recently bought a much (un)loved TW125 and after nosing around the forum for a couple of weeks, decided it was only polite to join and say thank you all for the fantastic wealth of experience and information available here.

The bike is currently in bits waiting for me to get it to the powdercoater, some cleaning and then rebuilding...

As I bought it:

Engine is now out, but these are the last pics I took:

Where I'd like it to go with it...

I'll start a build thread in the customization section when I start putting it all back together.

kind regards from Brendan the African Pommie (aka Pizzadude or the Prawn)

See less See more
#9 ·
Welcome to the best forum on the web - great to have you with us. Love the naked look of that bike, although it doesn't exactly fit my needs.

#11 ·
... a fellow mud islander! I'm over in Warwick, Jimmytanko (what lights you going for?)

PhatRat - I'm from Zimbabwe originally, but moved over here in '98.

The bike was exceptionally quick to tear down: it only took a couple of weekends as I was working on the other bike (an Aprilia RS125) to get it back on the road and through it's MOT. I try to work in a logical order - I tear down in sections (ie. seat and plastics) separating the nuts and bolts etc for each section into old plastic noodle pots (and if I'm really organised, I even label 'em too). I also photograph each connector along the wiring harness and where it's going/ what it's attached to/ where it's located.

A bit anally retentive, but it makes the build up process very quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.