Attempted theft
Close
††††
††††
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Attempted theft

Attempted theft

Well, i havent had my TW for two months yet and some asshole tried to steel it today! In broad daylight!

The steering lock saved the day but apparently, the SOB put so much pressure on the handlebars trying to break the steering lock, the aluminum piece that the lock engages broke off.

This appears to be part of the frame. Not sure how to repair the damage yet...

Donít under estimate that bastard he might return. There is a place in hell for thieves.
    If Iím ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Condolences Tj. Iím glad they didnít make off with it. Check some of the similar threads at the bottom here. Sadly, your is not the first. I believe you can ride without it and there are some low cost fixes.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

What a dummy! I've seen people steal motorcycles on youtube with two or more big guys just pick it up and put it in a truck or van. Makes you wonder what you have to do ...like is theft insurance any good? I'm glad I now live in the woods....and having lived in the city I still lock it and take the key.

Ken
    I watched a video and the guy had Lojack or something similar and recovered his bike. It was stolen again a few days later by different thieves and recovered it again. That is sad that these people will not just get a job.

Chaining (cable) to a tree or post is the best prevention Iíve found. Cable takes up most of the room in my backpack. Scumbags are unfortunately not rare.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

I have been ripped off a few times. I have often thought of leaving a rig beside the road and wait back in the brush. Having the delight of having a thief of trying to rip off tires and whatall, would love to blow holes through they're rig until it was flat on the ground leaking body fluids.

Someone shot my fire extinguisher off my tractor and put a hole through my loader frame. I just have no empathy for thieves or vandals. With all that is going on now our country seems to be returning to the wild west.

Remember this, it is the jury that convicts a person for protecting his property, not the judge.
    Last edited by plumbstraight; 02-21-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    I have been ripped off a few times. I have often thought of leaving a rig beside the road and wait back in the brush. Having the delight of having a thief of trying to rip off tires and whatall, would love to blow holes through they're rig until it was flat on the ground leaking body fluids.

Someone shot my fire extinguisher off my tractor and put a hole through my loader frame. I just have no empathy for thieves or vandals. With all that is going on now our country seems to be returning to the wild west.

Remember this, it is the jury that convicts a person for protecting his property, not the judge.
    I agree with you when it's clear you've been violated but it seems some people are trigger happy towards those wondering into unmarked property and they need to slow down and give reasonable warning.

If they saw Plumb, I would consider that warning enough. (big ol mountain man)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    I agree with you when it's clear you've been violated but it seems some people are trigger happy towards those wondering into unmarked property and they need to slow down and give reasonable warning.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I want all thieves dead. And if we just shot them when caught then we would never experience thieves. Punishment is the answer. The less we are willing to punish the more troublemakers we manufacture. Just stop crime dead, it is easy, make it not worth it !!!
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links