Insomnia racing??
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Insomnia racing??

Insomnia racing??

I'm new around here but have been reading around for a few months. Thought I'd share about my name. I make vinyl decals and a guy asked about some flat black logos for his truck. Then he explained how it looks like a full on drag truck , but he's putting a bone stock 318 in it. He wants to do an extreme race look with so it messes with people when he pops the hood. I told him that's the opposite of a sleeper.....Insomnia racing became an idea. Work sometimes gets a little boring

Welcome. Do you have a TW? What kind of decals like big vinyl stuff. I want to do a big desert pic on the front of my travel trailer.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Welcome to the forum.
    Imsomnia racing, is that like gluing a 5.0 badge on the side of a v6 mustang? You might want to post a pic of some? of your work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yes i have a tw. I posted in tech about rebuilding my carb, it sat for 4 yrs when the state told me to taks a beeak from driving We just got started in vinyl about a year ago , so I don't have equipment to do a full printed trailer yet. That's gonna set us back 10-20k. Small club decals mostly sports related. We got started in t shirts and are trying to keep different ideas going.
    A 5.0 badge on a v6 mustang would only count if if had a parachute or cage and slicks and an 8in cowl hood

Just thought I'd share a pic of my son tearing down his new mini bike motor. It had about 6 hrs run time before it developed a oil leak from the crankcase gasket. Trying to get him working with some tools early. He's 9 and we have already pulled a few small block Chevy motors. At 3 I gave him a junk motor and a set of tools in the garage and he tore it down to the long block. Trying my part to keep him from being another whiney ass kid who expects someone else to do it all for him
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tweaker, Xracer, scotti158 and 8 others like this.

All I can say is " Good on Ya" Just wait until all the other school kids want your son to work on their mini-bikes.

I always put 550 Fan stickers on my 800 Ski-doos. Tried to make it look like a cheaper version, instead of the top of the line model that it was. Figured nobody would steal it and was real fun blowing peoples doors off.
    Smitty Blackstone and TS185 like this.
    2017 XR650l
    2014 NC700X
    2005 ST-1300
    Wanted TW450

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia racing View Post
    Just thought I'd share a pic of my son tearing down his new mini bike motor. It had about 6 hrs run time before it developed a oil leak from the crankcase gasket. Trying to get him working with some tools early. He's 9 and we have already pulled a few small block Chevy motors. At 3 I gave him a junk motor and a set of tools in the garage and he tore it down to the long block. Trying my part to keep him from being another whiney ass kid who expects someone else to do it all for him
    That's awesome

Reminds me of my youth where my dad had me working on anything and everything with him. I was helping him rebuild motors, transmissions, plow hydraulics etc from the time i could walk and he had me able to read things like a micrometer before kindergarten... He taught me how to weld before i was a teenager, same goes for machinist tools like a lathe or mill etc, etc. Today there is nothing i'm not afraid to tackle myself. You are doing you son a solid for sure, keep it up.

Like me at that age he may not understand the lessons learned now but i guarantee he will appreciate it later. I know i sure do appropriate everything my dad ever taught me, i feel very fortunate that i can me totally self sufficient.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

When wrestling season finishes up we will be putting the 350 he bought in a 74 camaro I've had since high school. I told him when he was 3 that it was his car. When i pulled the motor I had in it he got mad. I explained that I gave him the car and he can go as fast as he can afford. Last summer he painted some pallet flags and sold them to grandparents to save the 100 he needed to split a truck with me. I'd break loose 6 or 8 bolts a night and the next night I'd hand him tools and tell him what needed taken off . Got a few years to work on it so no hurry

Can you make a decal(s) like this for me. Doesn't have to be color and can be black & white.

Last edited by admiral; 02-22-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links