First ride to work......
Close

Well i decided to ride my 98 to work today so i can go by and hae it registered on the way home. Left the house at 430 to get to the gym about 14 miles away. Then on to work about another 10. The only problem i had today was the fog......was no way to keep my face shield clean. So i rode with it open. I dont know why but at certain speeds it seemed as if i couldnt breath through my nose, to much pressure from the speed i was going. Wierd but true. I enjoyed it. This bike is really quiet at 40-50 in fith gear. I couldnt hear the exhaust. All i heard was the knobby tires against the asphault. Still fun to me.

I know when I ride mine to work it really makes a great start & end to my day.

I ride mine to work every day. It is to much fun not to.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yep sitting tax office now to get registered. School traffic was fun. Stop go stop go. The ride home should be better.

Yeah the wind will push your nose to restrict breathing. I've noticed the same thing when wearing my mx helmet in the summer at speed.

Yup, I"ve had my TW200 for about a month now and I started taking it to work 2 weeks ago. Being new to the 2 wheeled world, I can't express in words how enjoyable it is to ride to and from work. I don't think I have woken up excited like that since I was a little kid on Xmas morning! Its that much fun, and now that the heat broke here in Reno, just an absolute pleasure to ride to work.

The TW200 so far seems like an all around great bike. Being new to riding, I feel very comfortable on it, and it amazes me how every time I ride I get better and better at little things, like cornering and shifting smoother, etc. It just comes kind of naturally.

The only problem I have with the TW200 is that I want another one!! LOL. I am going to build mine up Japan style, but yesterday on lunch I went out onto some trails by work and I just don't know how long I will be able to live without a bike I can take off road, once my current TW200 is streeted out.

The question will be, do I stick with TW200s or should I get a bigger dual sport that I can go faster on and take at hwy speeds. Only time will tell!

Bart

Wish I could ride to work but only about 10 blocks away and walk my dogs to work. Try airing your tires up more to get rid of that whining knobby tire noise. I run mine at 30 psi on street and drop them to 12-13 dirt.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

I don't mind the tire noise. I just wished it was louder or as loud as my 09

Sponosred Links