Are these kind of purchase fees normal?
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Are these kind of purchase fees normal?

Are these kind of purchase fees normal?

Hello,
    I am thinking of purchasing a TW200, and as I couldn't find any used ones within reasonable driving distance, I visited two local motorsports dealers.
    They both had 2018's in stock... and dealer "A" listed the 2018 at $4599, and dealer "B" at $4099.

Dealer "A" out the door was $5300, and dealer "B" was $5100. The extra charges included plates, sales tax, and other fees like document fees, processing fees, dealer prep, etc.

Seems a little high to me to pay 15% to 24% of the listed sales price. For reference, our sales tax in Michigan is 6%.

If this is normal, then I don't have a problem with it. Love to hear what you think!

-Dave
    Last edited by Agfrag; 02-24-2018 at 01:49 PM. Reason: intro

It's not unheard of at all, they will jack you if they can. Take your time shopping and looking around. Some dealers will throw in a little incentive with a helmet or some gear of some kind... for whatever that's worth. Ask for a different front tire if they will do it.

Welcome to the forum and please keep us posted.
    Ken and Cornelis like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I'm also wondering if it's the wrong time of year, after all spring and motorcycle season is on it's way... and perhaps prices too?

Littletommy, on the front tire comment, do you mean like a more knarly "trade up" tire per se?
    littletommy and Ken like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Normal, yes.

Necessary, not always.

Make an offer. The worst they can say is no...
    littletommy, Ken and Peterb like this.

If you can find a dealer with last years bike still unsold, you can normally grab a bargain - they have to buy them in pairs - not unusual to find one left over

Unsold old stock does a dealer no favours - but as far as your concerned, it's still the same bike - only the paintwork gives it away ....
    littletommy, Trail Woman and Ken like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

If you plan on going off road much, the stock tire will wash out on you, leaving you on the ground. It's happened to almost all of us. They make such better tires now days. A Shinko 241 works very well. If you plan on only street riding, the stock front seems to be ok. No worries about the rear tire, it's ok. And if they will wheel and deal, why not ask?

You might find 2017's cheaper at the dealer and they usually want to move old stock...
    Quote Originally Posted by Agfrag View Post
    I'm also wondering if it's the wrong time of year, after all spring and motorcycle season is on it's way... and perhaps prices too?

Littletommy, on the front tire comment, do you mean like a more knarly "trade up" tire per se?
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Got it on the front tire. I intend to do about 99% off road, and maybe 1% getting off the road (campgrounds close to trails). I'll look into the tire swap.

I've been looking for 2017, used, etc., but nothing in my area.

You might just for the heck of it contact forum member Placerlode. He usually has several for sale. He only buys low mileage nice bikes and travels across the US a few times a year delivering or buying them. Look at the top where it says Private Messages, click on it, select send new and send him a message, certainly can't hurt and you might save big $$$. Just a thought...
    Got it on the front tire. I intend to do about 99% off road, and maybe 1% getting off the road (campgrounds close to trails). I'll look into the tire swap.

I've been looking for 2017, used, etc., but nothing in my area.
    Cascade Rider and Ken like this.

Thanks littletommy, I sent Placerlode a message.

You'll probably hear back from him today sometime. Good Luck!!
    Thanks littletommy, I sent Placerlode a message.
    Ken likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links