Like Tree32Likes
  • 17 Post By mckee1710
  • 8 Post By RockyTFS
  • 5 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By mountain yawp
  • 1 Post By SportsterDoc

Thread: 10k miles logged, just want to say thanks

10k miles logged, just want to say thanks

Last week, the odometer on my trusty 2012 rolled over to 12,230 miles, which marks exactly 10,000 miles since I acquired her in July 2015. While serving as my primary mode of transportation for most of my college career, it's been an absolute blast to ride, mod, fix, and learn all of the unique characteristics of this quirky little bike.

I scouted this forum for months before I bought the bike, and in doing so gained an incredible amount of insight about everything TW before I even had one to call my own. I was initially quite confident performing my own maintenance and modifications largely due to the extensive knowledge/experience base and support group this forum provides. So I just wanted to give a general thanks to the community here, as many of us know it's quite unique! My TW and I are forever indebted!
    IMG_6497.JPG
    2012 TDub - Cycra handguards w/ LED turn signals, WR250 shorty levers, custom high fender, Tusk 30mm bar risers, Krator footpegs, SeatConcepts, Yamaha rack, integrated LED tail light, 5500 LM H4 LED headlamp, DID 428 X-ring, XT225 stainless header, DG-O exhaust, 130 main, 0.04" needle shim, slide drilled 1/16", pilot 2.25 turns out

I too scouted this forum for months before I bought my 1st TW, and nearly every week since! That was March of 2011. Everything I know about my TW I learned here. Now I try to pay it back.
    It's also the fastest forum in the West....or anywhere else, for that matter.
    Last edited by RockyTFS; 02-25-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

This was nice of you to say this. For some reason it reminds me of the story in the Bible where Jesus healed the 10 lepers. He healed them and they all went on their merry way, except for one who turned back to thank Him...
    Quote Originally Posted by mckee1710 View Post
    Last week, the odometer on my trusty 2012 rolled over to 12,230 miles, which marks exactly 10,000 miles since I acquired her in July 2015. While serving as my primary mode of transportation for most of my college career, it's been an absolute blast to ride, mod, fix, and learn all of the unique characteristics of this quirky little bike.

I scouted this forum for months before I bought the bike, and in doing so gained an incredible amount of insight about everything TW before I even had one to call my own. I was initially quite confident performing my own maintenance and modifications largely due to the extensive knowledge/experience base and support group this forum provides. So I just wanted to give a general thanks to the community here, as many of us know it's quite unique! My TW and I are forever indebted!
    IMG_6497.JPG
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The forum is great. Excellent work on getting that many miles in a few years. I hope you get many more without troubles.
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    ...this. For some reason it reminds me of the story in the Bible where Jesus healed the 10 lepers. He healed them and they all went on their merry way, except for one who turned back to thank Him...
    Good analogy, Tommy.
    Luke 17:17 Then Jesus answered, “Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine?

I am a relative newcomer to this forum, so it was not my 2 cents back in 2015, but the expressing of appreciation to such a good forum is commendable.

Reminds me of post one of this thread, on a Sportster forum...especially the point about not posting results

Forum Peeves - Page 7 - The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Not being grumpy, just encouraging feedback.
    littletommy likes this.
    2014 Honda CB1100
    2018 Yamaha XT250
    2016 Moto Guzzi V7 II
    2017 Yamaha TW200
    2012 Triumph Bonneville
    2002 H-D Sportster 1200 Sport
    2003 H-D Sportster 883
    1976 Honda CB750F
    1975 Honda CB360
    1970 Yamaha CT1
    1972 Yamaha CT2
    1972 Yamaha AT2/CT2
    1970 Honda SL350
    1970 Honda CL350
    1967 Honda CL160
    1967 Honda CB160
    1962 Honda CA110

That scripture had a profound impact on my life. Jesus forgave me so much and gave me so much that I always wanted to be like the one leper that turned back to thank Him.

It's nice when folks on the forum keep us posted on things after they have received advice. So many we never hear from again, so it's really appreciated when folks do.

So thanks mckee!!

You are a great contributor to the forum Doc, please keep it up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    Good analogy, Tommy.
    Luke 17:17 Then Jesus answered, “Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine?

I am a relative newcomer to this forum, so it was not my 2 cents back in 2015, but the expressing of appreciation to such a good forum is commendable.

Reminds me of post one of this thread, on a Sportster forum...especially the point about not posting results

Forum Peeves - Page 7 - The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Not being grumpy, just encouraging feedback.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Sponosred Links