New member, and I just got my first TW200
Close
††††
††††
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: New member, and I just got my first TW200

New member, and I just got my first TW200

A80A8009-4BEB-4D27-ACD3-6D9970D1DC23.jpegHi. This is my first post.
    I just recently discovered the TW200 a couple of weeks ago. Iím not sure how Iíve never heard of it before, but I Have been riding a Road King for the last 10 years or so. Iíve been wanting something small to bug-around on thatís more maneuverable than the Road King. Iíve been checking eBay and Craigslist for something close; within easy driving distance.

I found a 2013 in a relatively nearby town on eBay. 1400 miles and it looked pretty good in the pictures provided.
    I picked it up this past Saturday and have been crawling all-over it, getting familiar with it. Itís a smaller bike than Iíve had since a Suzuki TS90 in 1974.

I saw that it was missing itís passenger foot pegs but thought Iíd just find some generic ones for it. I didnít realize that there was a bracket required too. If Iíd been more familiar with it, Iíd have known that, so now Iím looking for a pair. I know a lot of guys take them off, but I have grandkids who are going to want rides!

It has larger front foot pegs than stock and I was happy about that. Less happy after I found that the right peg was attached solidly with a nut and bolt. No longer swiveling. The spring is missing also. Anybody know where I can find just a right spring and pin? The pegs themselves are is almost perfect condition so I hate to buy a new set when all I need is a spring and pin. Iím not likely to lay the bike over far enough to catch the peg, but I like to have everything working.

The bike also has a practically new FMF Powercore 4. I like it!

Itís been too cold in Indianapolis to ride much, especially until I get it licensed I just ride it in the neighborhood.

I make it sound like hereís a lot wrong with it, but itís actually in really good condition. Just a few scuffs here and there.

Iíll try to attach a couple of photos but Iím not sure if Iíll get it right.

Lonnie
    7569EE68-213B-4D10-A532-91BC4F13363E.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by n9iui View Post
    A80A8009-4BEB-4D27-ACD3-6D9970D1DC23.jpegHi. This is my first post.
    I just recently discovered the TW200 a couple of weeks ago. Iím not sure how Iíve never heard of it before, but I Have been riding a Road King for the last 10 years or so. Iíve been wanting something small to bug-around on thatís more maneuverable than the Road King. Iíve been checking eBay and Craigslist for something close; within easy driving distance.

I found a 2013 in a relatively nearby town on eBay. 1400 miles and it looked pretty good in the pictures provided.
    I picked it up this past Saturday and have been crawling all-over it, getting familiar with it. Itís a smaller bike than Iíve had since a Suzuki TS90 in 1974.

I saw that it was missing itís passenger foot pegs but thought Iíd just find some generic ones for it. I didnít realize that there was a bracket required too. If Iíd been more familiar with it, Iíd have known that, so now Iím looking for a pair. I know a lot of guys take them off, but I have grandkids who are going to want rides!

It has larger front foot pegs than stock and I was happy about that. Less happy after I found that the right peg was attached solidly with a nut and bolt. No longer swiveling. The spring is missing also. Anybody know where I can find just a right spring and pin? The pegs themselves are is almost perfect condition so I hate to buy a new set when all I need is a spring and pin. Iím not likely to lay the bike over far enough to catch the peg, but I like to have everything working.

The bike also has a practically new FMF Powercore 4. I like it!

Itís been too cold in Indianapolis to ride much, especially until I get it licensed I just ride it in the neighborhood.

I make it sound like hereís a lot wrong with it, but itís actually in really good condition. Just a few scuffs here and there.

Iíll try to attach a couple of photos but Iím not sure if Iíll get it right.

Lonnie
    7569EE68-213B-4D10-A532-91BC4F13363E.jpeg
    Welcome to the forum!!
    n9iui likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Looks great !!, I am just 1.5 hours south In Madison In. and the exact same story, having come from being on Harleys, 30 years in my case. Discovered TW200's 2-3 months ago and joined here in Jan. I got a 2016 with 400 miles on it and liked it so so much I decided on another 2003 as well with 331 on it and it was a steal of a deal too !!. I will link below where I am getting parts regularly, sometimes 3 days and other times a week but this time of year no hurry and great prices and look up features on the site. Link is of your peg stuff in particular. I am getting knowable quickly on these little bikes. I am ocd compulsive on hobbies I have already built a 2" stretch swing arm and am beginning a new motor build of a 225 or 250 6 speed conversion to transplant into my 03 at some point. You will find these are great exploring bikes for riding out in rural areas and ok on any two lane but are pretty rapped out at 55-60 and even challenged at that speed into a headwind but if your able to enjoy the journey at a bit slower pace then they are quite fun to ride.

Enjoy the site here and I have found that googling ... for example: " TW200 forum oil change" is the most effective searching you can do to find info back here on this site. And there is a wealth of info here.

Sent you a Pm message as well.

Doug...

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...stand-footrest
    Last edited by DougDotyTW200; 03-05-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    littletommy, Tweaker and n9iui like this.
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hi Lonnie,

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you found a nice one with some good mods already done. Trust us when we tell you to replace that front tire with a Shinko 241. Use the stocker to make a tire swing for the grandkids.

I used to live up the road from you in Zionsville before moving out here to California. Lots of gravel and two lane roads nearby that will be great for you to explore on the TW. Any questions, just ask.

Brian

Welcome. A few have taken their passenger pegs and brackets off and you may get lucky and find some from a forum member.
    littletommy and n9iui like this.
    ĒEverything You Know is WrongĒ

Ē How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?Ē

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Welcome to the group Lonnie! Enjoy the new ride it looks like new!
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Welcome!
    n9iui and littletommy like this.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

Welcome, check out the free stuff thread.
    As Tweaker mention many have taken them off and you may get lucky finding a set.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Thanks for all the welcoming posts!
    The bike IS in nice shape, leaving only a few things Iíd like to fix.
    I need to repair the right side foot pedal (doesnít really look like a peg).
    Add the passenger foot pegs to keep the grandkids happy.
    Here is evidence that a prior owner grounded it a few times. Just minor scuffs. The front brake handle is curved away from the handgrip.
    I think Iíll see if I can bend it back before I look for a replacement.
    I think I may need the Quiet insert for the FMF Powercore 4. I plan to get a carrier to haul the bike behind my Wrangler and Winnebago for camping.
    I donít want to rile my fellow campers. I know that I donít like noisy vehicles running around when Iím communing with nature!
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by n9iui View Post
    ....The front brake handle is curved away from the handgrip.
    I think Iíll see if I can bend it back before I look for a replacement. ...
    Generally, the levers being aluminum, you can only bend them a small amount back. Trying to bend any sharp bend back will break the lever. After you replace the lever, consider barkbusters.....they are less expensive than the lever itself.

"I donít want to rile my fellow campers. I know that I donít like noisy vehicles running around when Iím communing with nature!"

If true, you will need to replace the Powercore with the OEM and stuff it with fiberglass. You can make the TW fairly quiet compared to other bikes.

Only teenagers think that more noise is better than less noise.
    DougDotyTW200 and littletommy like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links