Motorcycle Carrier for tow hitch
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Motorcycle Carrier for tow hitch

Motorcycle Carrier for tow hitch

Picked up new to me TW200, even though its street legal, i can't imagine ridding it on Hwy for 2 hours to get to the outdoors ( i live in a larage city). How do you gent transport you bikes? i am looking at tow hitch carrier type. Just roll it on and tow to desired location. i guess what i am asking is which one i should get?
    TW-Brian, Ken, littletommy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ultra12 View Post
    Picked up new to me TW200, even though its street legal, i can't imagine ridding it on Hwy for 2 hours to get to the outdoors ( i live in a larage city). How do you gent transport you bikes? i am looking at tow hitch carrier type. Just roll it on and tow to desired location. i guess what i am asking is which one i should get?
    Welcome! Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a section called "Similar Threads" start there. Nobody can really help you with specifics since we have no idea what kind of vehicle you have or where you live. Too many variables.......

Tom
    littletommy, TW-Brian and Ken like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Welcome to the forum!!
    Ken likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Almost any motorcycle carrier will do. Your vehicle receiver should have at least a 350 pound tongue weight rating, and also MUST be a 2 inch receiver. We''ll assume you have those things going for you already.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-...mendation.html

A good thread above.
    Last edited by ToolmanJohn; 03-11-2018 at 08:24 PM. Reason: spell checker police
    littletommy and Ken like this.
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300 - Suspension modified for height
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Sold but not forgotten, possibly in the future when space permits)
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (sold) Fun for a year, then mega garage DUST collector
    1985 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk (sold) FUN - but became a dust collector
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk (sold) Primary transportation for almost 5 years
    Various other 2 wheel rolling junk not worthy of mention....

Ken
    Welcome
    littletommy likes this.

I built mine for my ford ranger. I took it to Boonesville from Washington. I built it as wide as the pickup and about 3ft wide. I used 1/4 wall for the receiver and 2inch angle for the perimeter. Put a screen bottom in it and use chain link welded near the four corners to tie it down. Worked very well. I also put lights on the rear corners and plugged it into the trailer plug. That was the bike does not interfere with lighting on the rear of your hauler.
    littletommy likes this.

VersaHaul there is no comparison for strength, SAFETY , and even resale value

VersaHaul Sport Model is my favorite been using them for years (and I mean using !!! lol)

Mine doubles as a camper step, generator, stinky fuel can hauler etc

I add LED lighting and I usually tow a Kendon bike trailer behind it

SAM_8400.JPGSAM_8404.JPGSAM_8378.JPG
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 03-11-2018 at 11:33 PM.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Same as above/last post... Versahaul Sport Model. rated for 500lbs. Solid and built like a tank.
    Perhaps way overkill for a little piggy TW at 280+lbs. but I use it for hauling other bigger bikes as well when I'm too lazy to pull out the trailer.

As mentioned it can also act as a hitch extension and thus can actually tow a trailer behind it too. I have not done this yet with my Kendon but will do so soon for a camping trip coming up where I want to bring my 2WD sidecar rig and also the TW.

In a world where you get what you pay for it is not cheap and it reflects in the quality of the build. They make a single 600lb. model too and dual bike models.
    If I only owned/had the TW I probably would get a less expensive brand. You can sometimes find them used in the classifieds but rarely less $100 than new. They do hold their value.
    Made In The USA.

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    VersaHaul there is no comparison for strength, SAFETY , and even resale value

VersaHaul Sport Model is my favorite been using them for years (and I mean using !!! lol)

Mine doubles as a camper step, generator, stinky fuel can hauler etc

I add LED lighting and I usually tow a Kendon bike trailer behind it

SAM_8400.JPGSAM_8404.JPGSAM_8378.JPG

Thanks you for the info. this is exactly what i was looking for. i do have a question about the bike being tide down on the hauler, when you hit a bump or uneven road, does the bike end up slamming in to the rear window( (i have a large SUV)? i always worry about handlebar breaking rear glass or is there enough clearance?
    PlacerLode likes this.

Welcome ultra12!
    PlacerLode likes this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links