• 1 Post By Miaugi
  • 3 Post By admiral
  • 3 Post By 12TW
  • 4 Post By 12TW
  • 3 Post By Elvesus

Thread: New TW200 Owner!

New TW200 Owner!

Hey everybody,

My name is Anthony I recently moved just outside Rapid City, South Dakota at the foothills of the beautiful Black Hills. I've always been a Yamaha fan, off-road junkie and proud owner of a few of their awesome machines. A couple of years ago, I saw a TW200 in a dealership and knew I one day had to have one. A few days ago, I picked up a bone stock (besides the front tire) 2012 with about 1500 miles for a great price. Anyway, I just wanted to say what's up to everyone and thank you for the awesome information on this forum, which I have already used extensively. If you find yourself in the area, let me know. There are tons of trails and awesome roads to ride around here!

-Anthony

Took her out for her first ride on the trails today. Very muddy and icy to say the least. I'll probably stick to the roads for now. I'll have to take her to Sturgis this year!
    fullsizeoutput_1514.jpg

Sturgis? need to take a loud Harley there.
    littletommy and 12TW like this.
    TW200 number 2. 2018 1.1 miles when I picked it up.

Harley Country. They'll be envious.
    Welcome.
    jtstdub and littletommy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hi Anthony and welcome to the group from Canada! Lot's of TW knowledge here so if there is anything you want to know about your new ride I'm sure you can find it here.
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by 12TW View Post
    Hey everybody,

My name is Anthony I recently moved just outside Rapid City, South Dakota at the foothills of the beautiful Black Hills. I've always been a Yamaha fan, off-road junkie and proud owner of a few of their awesome machines. A couple of years ago, I saw a TW200 in a dealership and knew I one day had to have one. A few days ago, I picked up a bone stock (besides the front tire) 2012 with about 1500 miles for a great price. Anyway, I just wanted to say what's up to everyone and thank you for the awesome information on this forum, which I have already used extensively. If you find yourself in the area, let me know. There are tons of trails and awesome roads to ride around here!

-Anthony

Took her out for her first ride on the trails today. Very muddy and icy to say the least. I'll probably stick to the roads for now. I'll have to take her to Sturgis this year!
    fullsizeoutput_1514.jpg

Welcome Anthony 12TW. You have a great riding area right out your back door. On a trip back to the Midwest my wife and I stopped in the Black Hills area and rode the ATV trails around Nemo and mostly to the west of there. Didn't get a chance to ride any of the single track though. We had a great time even though we got rained out on the last day. I think you're gonna have a blast riding the TW in the Black Hills.

littletommy, 12TW and Elvesus like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Welcome Anthony 12TW. You have a great riding area right out your back door. On a trip back to the Midwest my wife and I stopped in the Black Hills area and rode the ATV trails around Nemo and mostly to the west of there. Didn't get a chance to ride any of the single track though. We had a great time even though we got rained out on the last day. I think you're gonna have a blast riding the TW in the Black Hills.

Awesome! I ride in Nemo all the time. It’s only a short ride from my house. I’ll have to find that trail when they open the closed trails in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    admiral, littletommy and Elvesus like this.
    2012 TW200

2016 XSR900

2016 YXZ100R

I did a little shopping at procycle. Got it all installed today since we got a foot of snow here in Rapid City!

Nomadic rack w/ rotopax. Fender eliminator bracket. Small turn signals. Mint exhaust purchased from an awesome forum member. Mini turn signals. Ricochet skid plate. And I scored a sweet backpack from AmazingZon for a toolbag. Not buying a $130 wolfman!

A few more things on my list, but I’m almost ready for spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 TW200

2016 XSR900

2016 YXZ100R

Welcome from Vancouver Island. I've travelled through SD three times and really like the Black Hills. Enjoy the ride!
    admiral, littletommy and 12TW like this.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

Sponosred Links