4 Years ago today...3/21/14
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: 4 Years ago today...3/21/14

4 Years ago today...3/21/14

I joined this forum when it was wide open and free thinking back in December 2013....I had my eyes, after a 25 year or so "time out" from riding, on purchasing a Ride...not wanting to get out on the Freeways and main roads, I was looking to get back into dual sport riding where I began in 1974 with my On/Off Road Kawasaki 250[as they called Dual Sports back then]...after hanging around the forum I finally decided to "pull the trigger" and contacted Honda/Yamaha East up north some 100 miles in Maumee {west side of Toledo}, Ohio and after a few weeks of exchanging e-mails and dickering with the sales gerbil, I made the purchase of a new 2014 and was set for delivery/pick~up on March 21, 2015....bikeless, at the time, Montezuma, and i borrowed a buddy of his Harley Trailer and up I-75 we headed...cool and windy, but sunny was the day...certainly not like today where here in Western Ohio we sit at 28 with a wind chill of 10 and 5 or so new heavy wet snow on the ground....

We got the TW home safe and sound and I was back riding in a couple of days....4 years and over 7000 miles ago, from Moab to Big Bend, to the Upper Great Lakes, the Mountains of West Virginia, and the Southern Indiana Covered Bridge Ride...it's been a grand time...now 69 years, if the good Lord keeps me somewhat healthy, I still have a couple of rides left in me:

Happy TW Anniversary !

Resized.jpg
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 03-21-2018 at 09:39 AM.
    Mel, tAdA, plumbstraight and 20 others like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

That TW purchase sure seemed to spice up Hoot's quality of life.
    Doing more things with an old buddy Montezuma as well as meeting new friends is one nice benefit of these fun loving machines.
    Hope the sun comes out and Hoot can put on another 7,000 miles.
    mhomadness, Ken, admiral and 4 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Damn, glad I woke up...had to go back and correct about a half dozen typos and other stuff....aging with grace is not my strong suit...but what the Hell, I'm still in the game!
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    That TW purchase sure seemed to spice up Hoot's quality of life.
    Doing more things with an old buddy Montezuma as well as meeting new friends is one nice benefit of these fun loving machines.
    Hope the sun comes out and Hoot can put on another 7,000 miles.
    Well put Fred!

Live long & prosper Hoot! m.

Happy TW anniversary. Traditional 4th anniversary gift is ethanol free gas. Cheers
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

We 60+'rs aren't quite as old as we thought a 50 year old geezer was back when we were kids and maybe that's what keeps us ticking....we don't feel old, we don't act old and some of the luckier ones don't even look old! I mean look at William Shatner who turned 87 yesterday....go get'er done Capt'n!
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    I joined this forum when it was wide open and free thinking back in December 2013....I had my eyes, after a 25 year or so "time out" from riding, on purchasing a Ride...not wanting to get out on the Freeways and main roads, I was looking to get back into dual sport riding where I began in 1974 with my On/Off Road Kawasaki 250[as they called Dual Sports back then]...after hanging around the forum I finally decided to "pull the trigger" and contacted Honda/Yamaha East up north some 100 miles in Maumee {west side of Toledo}, Ohio and after a few weeks of exchanging e-mails and dickering with the sales gerbil, I made the purchase of a new 2014 and was set for delivery/pick~up on March 21, 2015....bikeless, at the time, Montezuma, and i borrowed a buddy of his Harley Trailer and up I-75 we headed...cool and windy, but sunny was the day...certainly not like today where here in Western Ohio we sit at 28 with a wind chill of 10 and 5 or so new heavy wet snow on the ground....

We got the TW home safe and sound and I was back riding in a couple of days....4 years and over 7000 miles ago, from Moab to Big Bend, to the Upper Great Lakes, the Mountains of West Virginia, and the Southern Indiana Covered Bridge Ride...it's been a grand time...now 69 years, if the good Lord keeps me somewhat healthy, I still have a couple of rides left in me:

Happy TW Anniversary !

Resized.jpg
    Too much reminiscing and not enough planning Hoot!!!

Got some great breweries over here in the finger lakes region along with some awfully scenic roads......... Just saying.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Yes, but perhaps some of those older good lookin' ones can afford really good Plastic Surgeons to assist then in not looking so old? I'm suspecting that could be the case for good old Willy Shatner ?

excalibur
    Last edited by excalibur; 03-21-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    2010 TW 200 Dual Sport
    2017 Harley Softail Slim w/110 Cubic Inch Screamin' Eagle engine
    2005 Yamaha 450 Kodiak 4x4 Quad

Another Happy Couple celebrating their union! encore.gif

Never mind the grave behind Hoot, it's not for him.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links