Great Battery
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Battery

I bought a battery for my bike today from walmart. Battery is smaller than stock,lights seem brighter and it cranks like hell. Well pleased, only 39 dollars,40 something with tax. So far so good. As for the life of it not sure yet but am happy right now.
    I got granny gear haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I bought a battery for my bike today from walmart. Battery is smaller than stock,lights seem brighter and it cranks like hell. Well pleased, only 39 dollars,40 something with tax. So far so good. As for the life of it not sure yet but am happy right now.
    Howdy!

What brand is it? Is it sealed or do you need to add water?

Moose

pictures? specs? ... details details..

z
    Full custom 2008 TW200/250 build pics of my bike... I call her TW (short for "Twice Wicked" for her almost doubled HP Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

Newest member of the herd... 1987 Honda CBX250... this bike will become a board tracker this summer

Hidden Content

Bought another bike last fall (2012) ... 1982 Kawasaki KZ305 it's a "mostly done" bobber project I got for practically nothing

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I sure enjoy my Shorai lithium. Pricey, but after sitting for weeks, not to mention winter storage,and cranks like new. Extremely low drain after sitting for months. The stock battery dead after one winter in storage (I didn't trickle charge it and maybe my fault). But a battery that wouldn't spill was my goal after that. I won't go back now. And recently bought their lithium charger, only made sense as this battery is for real.

I just installed a trugel to replace a 5 year old stock battery in my 08. It was 61 bucks delivered to the door and an easy install. I did have to grind a bit of metal off the L brackets to get them to fit on the new battery. Cranked right up without having to deal with battery acid and charging. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by cdsdave View Post
    I just installed a trugel to replace a 5 year old stock battery in my 08. It was 61 bucks delivered to the door and an easy install. I did have to grind a bit of metal off the L brackets to get them to fit on the new battery. Cranked right up without having to deal with battery acid and charging. Nice.

I installed this TruGel battery on my Bandit 1250 and my ex's Ninja 500 two years ago. The Ninja once sat for 4 months and fired right up when I pushed the starter. Both are still going strong.

The shop where I bought them told me DO NOT put a battery tender on gel batteries because it decreases the life on the battery drastically. Not sure why that is, but so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by fleetwood View Post
    I sure enjoy my Shorai lithium. Pricey, but after sitting for weeks, not to mention winter storage,and cranks like new. Extremely low drain after sitting for months. The stock battery dead after one winter in storage (I didn't trickle charge it and maybe my fault). But a battery that wouldn't spill was my goal after that. I won't go back now. And recently bought their lithium charger, only made sense as this battery is for real.

Did you install the general duty Shorai battery or did you install the extra duty Shorai?.One is a LFX9 and the extra is a LFX14,or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
    Did you install the general duty Shorai battery or did you install the extra duty Shorai?.One is a LFX9 and the extra is a LFX14,or something like that.

LFX9 or the base line model (when ordering dial in the make, year, and model) and turned out to exceed my expectations. Be ready for the shock of opening and seeing this battery for the first time..I was blown away by its small size. They provide padding to make it fit. Also be ready for the shock of its cranking power. This battery has sat still in the bike for long durations and as good as new. This summer I purchased a Shorai charger thinking my abuse has gone on long enough

Quote Originally Posted by fleetwood View Post
    LFX9 or the base line model (when ordering dial in the make, year, and model) and turned out to exceed my expectations. Be ready for the shock of opening and seeing this battery for the first time..I was blown away by its small size. They provide padding to make it fit. Also be ready for the shock of its cranking power. This battery has sat still in the bike for long durations and as good as new. This summer I purchased a Shorai charger thinking my abuse has gone on long enough

Wow,with an endorsement like that,the Shorai must be really good.....been wanting to buy one,but,everytime I get the $$$ something else takes "it" from me.I've researched them etc,and then thought the larger lfx-14 would be even better.Since your description,perhaps the lfx-9 is all that is needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links