New to forum announcement
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hello all forum goers

I must say thanks in part hugely to this forum (you people) I am a proud new owner of a 2013 TW200. For many years my VTR1000F carried on the passion of motorcycles on the street that I had gained as a younger person growing up in a small dusty town of Texas. As many of you already know with age comes change or is it wisdom? Either way the back street dirt road town hopping had begun to resurface and I was on the hunt for my first Dual Purpose motorcycle. I could make a long story on how I came to choose the TW out of the infinite list of dream motorcycles but in the end the TW fit exactly what I was looking for and I could not be more happier. Besides who could complain about 70+/-MPG? (Ya I've heard, ethanol or not to ethanol) Either way thats far better than the Smart Fortwo I just passed up.... on coming traffic and much more of a blast to [s]drive[/s] ride! So far bone stock minus the gaudy tank and fairing warning stickers. Of course after doing some long reading on here I will begin to do some small changes and the first one I was after was a Jimbo C windscreen, is that still going on? I've emailed the address I found and no response? Did I miss the boat on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by IzakGt View Post
    Hello all forum goers

I must say thanks in part hugely to this forum (you people) I am a proud new owner of a 2013 TW200. For many years my VTR1000F carried on the passion of motorcycles on the street that I had gained as a younger person growing up in a small dusty town of Texas. As many of you already know with age comes change or is it wisdom? Either way the back street dirt road town hopping had begun to resurface and I was on the hunt for my first Dual Purpose motorcycle. I could make a long story on how I came to choose the TW out of the infinite list of dream motorcycles but in the end the TW fit exactly what I was looking for and I could not be more happier. Besides who could complain about 70+/-MPG? (Ya I've heard, ethanol or not to ethanol) Either way thats far better than the Smart Fortwo I just passed up.... on coming traffic and much more of a blast to [s]drive[/s] ride! So far bone stock minus the gaudy tank and fairing warning stickers. Of course after doing some long reading on here I will begin to do some small changes and the first one I was after was a Jimbo C windscreen, is that still going on? I've emailed the address I found and no response? Did I miss the boat on that one?

Howdy Neighbor;

Welcome to our obsession. Your gonna love your new bike. As far as I know; Jim is still making and selling his mini shields. They are well worth it, and an absolute moron could install it in just a few minutes. Pay close attention to what the wind feels like before you put it on. Where in the Great State are you located? Any good places to ride there?

Ride on.

Welcome! Just as Kwizard said... "welcome to our obsession" These great little bikes lend themselves quite well to customization Also, the people on this board are quite experienced and happy to share their knowledge. I'm one of the newer TW owners and have learned a lot from this board! Enjoy!

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to The T-Dub Club!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizard View Post
    Howdy Neighbor;

Welcome to our obsession. Your gonna love your new bike. As far as I know; Jim is still making and selling his mini shields. They are well worth it, and an absolute moron could install it in just a few minutes. Pay close attention to what the wind feels like before you put it on. Where in the Great State are you located? Any good places to ride there?

Ride on.

Doing just fine Kwizard thanks for asking. I live in the Austin area and well I've never really sought after any unpaved roads until lately haha.... I know of a "Emma Long Metropolitan Park" that has a motorcycle trail but in the regulations it has *cross country,atvs,utvs* prohibited I'm not sure what they are referring to? It never speaks of dual sport but does require a Texas OHV Decal. I'll look into that. Of course there is the small towns out skirting Austin and I do recall driving down a dirt road on sport motorcycles for kicks and giggles once and a guy on a dual sport flew past us on coming and had to do a double take seeing a pack of shiny street bikes out of their elements hahaha if I could only remember how we got there

Quote Originally Posted by mrbracket View Post
    Welcome! Just as Kwizard said... "welcome to our obsession" These great little bikes lend themselves quite well to customization Also, the people on this board are quite experienced and happy to share their knowledge. I'm one of the newer TW owners and have learned a lot from this board! Enjoy!

MrBracket,

Did I read somewhere maybe that you got a page up and running for TW's on Procycle after purchasing one?

I might be mistaken, either way I already ordered the front fender and bracket from Procycle after viewing the page, I really like the simplicity and layout of the page.

Welcome come on in an stay awile.

hello everyone... nic from maine chiming in... i purchased my first tw a few days ago... for 250 dollars... it's fairly complete... minus the key and kick start... my plans are to first... get it running... so ive order a kick start lever... and planned to have a key made for it or hardwire it to just get it started... ive done mods to mostly mopeds and two stroke bikes... so i will need some advice from more experienced guys to complete my winter project... so thanks in advance...

the previous owner has assured me that the bike does run... he just lost the key and robbed the kick start lever from it for another bike that was sold... it is showing 1850 miles and is red and black... i will post some pictures of my progress and to aid you guys when offering advice...

again thanks...

nic

Dam I gotta see pics of this $250.00 Tdub! Good on for finding it... heck it's worth a bunch more than that just in parts!

z
    Full custom 2008 TW200/250 build pics of my bike... I call her TW (short for "Twice Wicked" for her almost doubled HP Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

Newest member of the herd... 1987 Honda CBX250... this bike will become a board tracker this summer

Hidden Content

Bought another bike last fall (2012) ... 1982 Kawasaki KZ305 it's a "mostly done" bobber project I got for practically nothing

Hidden Content

paid 250...

i know folks that have paid more for worst...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links